PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC HD2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Coming to the United States? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98083)

jimmiekain 11-22-2009 08:14 PM

Coming to the United States?

Anybody know when or if this beauty is coming to America? I'm currently out of my contract with sprint and will switch to any carrier that gets the htc hd2... I dont care if it costs $1000 I gotta have it just so I shove it down the throat of those iphone users at my job! (yes I am willing to buy a phone out of spite)

MikeElGiga23 11-22-2009 08:28 PM

Re: Coming to the United States?

Q1 2010 is all we know...... T-Mobile is the most probable carrier but that can change anytime

jimmiekain 11-22-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike20PR (Post 1352731)
Q1 2010 is all we know...... T-Mobile is the most probable carrier but that can change anytime

do you think all us carriers will get it like they did with the htc touch pro 2?

dgourd 11-25-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 1352748)
do you think all us carriers will get it like they did with the htc touch pro 2?

HTC does have a history of releasing phones to all carriers. Diamond, pro, Diamond 2 , Pro 2, Hero. All those phones were released on multiple carriers.

maxtcee 11-25-2009 08:02 PM

you can buy an unlocked one right now for about 800 right here http://www.popularelect.com/product_...oducts_id=1503

TRUELIGHT 11-30-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 1352748)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgourd (Post 1361275)
HTC does have a history of releasing phones to all carriers. Diamond, pro, Diamond 2 , Pro 2, Hero. All those phones were released on multiple carriers.

There nothing to sugest that HTC is coming out with an CDMA HD2, And that's what it would take to run on Sprint and/or Verizon. That's why the rumors have been clear on a possible T-Mobile and/or At&t (GSM)

A more likely scenario, Out of HTC would be an HD2 like device W/keyboard, Snapdragon processor, and large capacitive touchscreen with a duel CDMA, GSM Radio Like the TP2, Introduce as the TOUCH Pro3/HD2 Pro

http://pocketnow.com/tech-news/t-mob...to-get-htc-hd2

http://pocketnow.com/tech-news/htc-h...-yet-announced

http://pocketnow.com/rumor/guess-wha...d2-the-hd2-pro

BooDaddy 12-01-2009 02:41 AM

I dunno that I would want a HD2 Pro. After going from a TP1 to a TP2, I have found myself using the on screen keyboard more often, due to the larger screen its easier to use. So I think that with the slightly larger HD2 screen (compared to the TP2) I dont think I would need a keyboard anymore.

Still hoping something like this hits Sprint though :)

jimmiekain 12-01-2009 03:20 AM

hd2 pro?? im not sure if i would like that either... put a keyboard on a device that big and you have a tablet or netbook!

just my thoughts!

TRUELIGHT 12-01-2009 09:17 AM

Guess What Comes After the HTC HD2? The HD2 Pro
File under: News
By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 16-Oct-09 | 27 Comments

We know HTC very well. We can say with a very high level of certainty that after the release of the HD2, there will be an HD2 with a slide out keyboard, possibly called the HD2 Pro. Think about it: along with the Touch Diamond came the keyboard version for the professional user, the Touch Pro. And along with the Diamond2 came the keyboard version for the professional user, the Touch Pro2. See the trend? Each generation HTC releases a core flagship device without a keyboard (among other niche devices), then changes the form factor to appease those that crave a hardware keyboard. And this will undoubtedly happen with the HD2. Read on for more...

So imagine a razor thin HD2 Pro with a large 4.0" capacitive screen (for the HD2 Pro, HTC will probably reduce the screen size to keep the device pocketeble and to maintain an acceptable width for the keyboard). Thanks to the popularity of the Touch Pro2, the HD2 Pro will also have a tilting screen, plus other productivity features that only HTC can dream of.

When would this happen? Considering that HTC unveiled the Diamond2 and Touch Pro2 at Mobile World Congress in February 2009, it's logical that they'd choose that same event as the launching point for the HD2 Pro. It took four months for the Touch Pro2 to hit shelves after its announcement, so that brings us to the summer of 2010 for the HD2 Pro release. Also, because the HD2 Pro will support the Windows Mobile 7 chassis, we expect the HD2 Pro to launch with Windows Mobile 6.5 then get a free upgrade from HTC in the Fall of 2010 when WinMo heads out of the gate.

Yes, all of this is speculation, but knowing HTC, this all seems pretty reasonable, if not likely. Or, we can just wait until the next HTC leak =D.

http://pocketnow.com/rumor/guess-wha...d2-the-hd2-pro

Steve St.Laurent 12-02-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRUELIGHT (Post 1374204)
There nothing to sugest that HTC is coming out with an CDMA HD2, And that's what it would take to run on Sprint and/or Verizon. That's why the rumors have been clear on a possible T-Mobile and/or At&t (GSM)

According to HTC's website the HD2 is already available as a CDMA phone: http://www.htc.com/www/product/hd2/specification.html

Network Bands2

Europe: http://www.htc.com/uploadedImages/Co...work_Bands.jpg
  • HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
  • GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Asia Pacific:

ajac 12-02-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve St.Laurent (Post 1381137)
According to HTC's website the HD2 is already available as a CDMA phone: http://www.htc.com/www/product/hd2/specification.html

Network Bands2

Europe: http://www.htc.com/uploadedImages/Co...work_Bands.jpg
Asia Pacific:

WCDMA isnt US based CDMA... but htc has said all sprint has to do is ask to have this phone.

Steve St.Laurent 12-03-2009 12:26 AM

I was just comparing it's specs with other phones that are available on CDMA networks (Verizon) here and noticed the same HSPA/WCDMA spec on them - ie Touch Diamond, Touch Pro II. Seems like if they made those in a US CDMA version that it wouldn't be a stretch to think they'll do the same with the HD2 - I sure hope so because I want this phone to replace my Touch on Verizon.

ajac 12-03-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve St.Laurent (Post 1381693)
I was just comparing it's specs with other phones that are available on CDMA networks (Verizon) here and noticed the same HSPA/WCDMA spec on them - ie Touch Diamond, Touch Pro II. Seems like if they made those in a US CDMA version that it wouldn't be a stretch to think they'll do the same with the HD2 - I sure hope so because I want this phone to replace my Touch on Verizon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCDMA

if anyone is wondering but I an see a sprint HTC hd2 coming sooner then we all think.. and I think I've said to much but hopefully some proof of what I say comes out soon leaks lately with sprint are like impossible they are watching their employees like hawks to bad to.. I miss being excited about things.

WhiteBlazer01 12-03-2009 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 1352702)
Anybody know when or if this beauty is coming to America? I'm currently out of my contract with sprint and will switch to any carrier that gets the htc hd2... I dont care if it costs $1000 I gotta have it just so I shove it down the throat of those iphone users at my job! (yes I am willing to buy a phone out of spite)

The TP2 won't show up your iPhone buddy? I tease my iPhone friends all the time...

But I hope Verizon will have an HD2 world phone. Oh baby, I can't wait!!

wmphoto 12-03-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajac (Post 1381715)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCDMA

if anyone is wondering but I an see a sprint HTC hd2 coming sooner then we all think.. and I think I've said to much but hopefully some proof of what I say comes out soon leaks lately with sprint are like impossible they are watching their employees like hawks to bad to.. I miss being excited about things.

I hope your right...
I'm out of contract too and although I like anticipation... I'm getting to the end of liking it....
Lets go sprint... I'm switching if you don't come out with something good... soon...

ajac 12-03-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmphoto (Post 1382515)
I hope your right...
I'm out of contract too and although I like anticipation... I'm getting to the end of liking it....
Lets go sprint... I'm switching if you don't come out with something good... soon...

me 2 hopefully sprint doesn't disappoint.

orangekid 12-03-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajac (Post 1382529)
me 2 hopefully sprint doesn't disappoint.

+1 im switching carriers if sprint doesnt come thru

maxtcee 12-03-2009 08:58 PM

i would be in there best interiest to give it to verizon seeming they have the most subscribers and would sell the most phones i think giving it to tmobile is a waist

BooDaddy 12-03-2009 10:13 PM

I dont think I would jump ship if Sprint doesnt get it. I love my SERO way to much to just give up for a phone. Its really not up to HTC who gets it and who doesn't.
If the carriers dont ask HTC for it, theres not much HTC can do :)

orangekid 12-04-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BooDaddy (Post 1384568)
I dont think I would jump ship if Sprint doesnt get it. I love my SERO way to much to just give up for a phone. Its really not up to HTC who gets it and who doesn't.
If the carriers dont ask HTC for it, theres not much HTC can do :)

yeah but SERO just isn't worth having to only have a diamond pro, or pro2, I don't want a keyboard on my phone, and I don't want a 2.8" screen.

It may not be HTC's fault, it surely is Sprint's for not getting any decent WM phones when ATT and Verizon have diamond2 a pro 2 and a whole slew of other phones announced...

chong67 12-04-2009 11:54 PM

I am going back to Malaysia next week.

HD2 is already launched there : http://v4.mypdacafe.com/news/2009/11/21/1.html

Where is USA in this ?

I'll take photo of it side by side with my Sprint Touch Pro 2. My first time using it oversea too for this world phone.

I might bring the HD2 back. Nah, better not.

WhiteBlazer01 12-05-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 1387614)
I am going back to Malaysia next week.

HD2 is already launched there : http://v4.mypdacafe.com/news/2009/11/21/1.html

Where is USA in this ?

I'll take photo of it side by side with my Sprint Touch Pro 2. My first time using it oversea too for this world phone.

I might bring the HD2 back. Nah, better not.

Awesome! HD2 screen is even bigger in Malaysia! "Do you come with the phone?" :)

http://v4.mypdacafe.com/news/2009/11/21/1_1.jpg

one80oneday 12-05-2009 01:22 AM

After the HD2 is released in USA it will be the new standard because who would want anything less? So if it doesn't become CDMA something comparable will

jimmiekain 12-05-2009 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one80oneday (Post 1387809)
After the HD2 is released in USA it will be the new standard because who would want anything less? So if it doesn't become CDMA something comparable will

good point! I'm out of my sprint contract so either way, when it comes to America I'm getting it but i hope i can stay with sprint!

pesok 12-05-2009 05:06 PM

Sprint will get it, verizon got tg01

JimP 12-06-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 (Post 1387653)
Awesome! HD2 screen is even bigger in Malaysia! "Do you come with the phone?" :)

http://v4.mypdacafe.com/news/2009/11/21/1_1.jpg

Man.....that large thing is going to look funny hanging from my belt clip. :wink:

jimmiekain 12-06-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimP (Post 1390759)
Man.....that large thing is going to look funny hanging from my belt clip. :wink:

I like the one on the right!

JimP 12-06-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 1390771)
I like the one on the right!

That would also look funny hanging from my belt clip. =D>

jacko1 12-14-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimP (Post 1390884)
That would also look funny hanging from my belt clip. =D>

lol nice

Sharkie405 12-15-2009 12:07 AM

Yeah, I'm currently sittin' pretty outside of my Sprint contract so wherever the HD2 goes so will I!

orangekid 12-15-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 1413949)
Yeah, I'm currently sittin' pretty outside of my Sprint contract so wherever the HD2 goes so will I!

indubitably

p-slim 12-16-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1414687)
indubitably

i honestly believe if anybody will get it, sprint will. The only reason i say that is because they have no touch screen device without keyboard except the old skool diamond. Sprint is holding out till next year to blow them away.

wmphoto 12-17-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1419214)
i honestly believe if anybody will get it, sprint will. The only reason i say that is because they have no touch screen device without keyboard except the old skool diamond. Sprint is holding out till next year to blow them away.

I sure as Hell hope so. I'm very tired of waiting for this.
I'm not sure what fustraits me more the lack of info on what Sprint is coming out with or the always present time difference between when these devices are released and when they actually get to the U.S....

orangekid 12-17-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmphoto (Post 1420243)
I sure as Hell hope so. I'm very tired of waiting for this.
I'm not sure what fustraits me more the lack of info on what Sprint is coming out with or the always present time difference between when these devices are released and when they actually get to the U.S....

both are pretty frustrating, but the former has to be more so because at least we can plan ahead when we know what phones are coming where. I figure as soon as I leave sprint they will get an HD2...

maxtcee 12-17-2009 11:38 AM

hopfully they play up to like the tp2 and all will have it

orangekid 12-17-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxtcee (Post 1420322)
hopfully they play up to like the tp2 and all will have it

I don't see verizon or att getting it because it would basically make them releasing the diamond2 (imagio, pure) completely pointless and a wasted investment because anyone who knows enough to buy a windows phone will go for the 4.3" capacitive snapdragon over the d2

kidFromBigD 12-17-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1420327)
I don't see verizon or att getting it because it would basically make them releasing the diamond2 (imagio, pure) completely pointless and a wasted investment because anyone who knows enough to buy a windows phone will go for the 4.3" capacitive snapdragon over the d2

@orangekid - Congrats on VIP status!

I tend to agree with your above thinking. And for those of us on Sprint waiting for the Leo, I think we will be rewarded. Note that I have NO insider information on this, but Sprint's current WinMo lineup is ready for a refresh pretty soon. But ...

Do you think Sprint launches with Android on this beast?

My thinking: Everybody knows how delayed WinMo-7 is, and that MS is losing market share while Apple is grabbing share, and iPhone exclusivity ending mid-2010 with AT&T(Verizon iPhone anyone??), Sprint is likely feeling pressure to introduce a winner. We all know the hardware is superior, so the question becomes which OS to package with it?

And, will Sprint delay until Verzon's iPhone launches? Sprint is losing customers and they need an answer. They need something.

Thoughts?

orangekid 12-17-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidFromBigD (Post 1420443)
@orangekid - Congrats on VIP status!

I tend to agree with your above thinking. And for those of us on Sprint waiting for the Leo, I think we will be rewarded. Note that I have NO insider information on this, but Sprint's current WinMo lineup is ready for a refresh pretty soon. But ...

Do you think Sprint launches with Android on this beast?

My thinking: Everybody knows how delayed WinMo-7 is, and that MS is losing market share while Apple is grabbing share, and iPhone exclusivity ending mid-2010 with AT&T(Verizon iPhone anyone??), Sprint is likely feeling pressure to introduce a winner. We all know the hardware is superior, so the question becomes which OS to package with it?

And, will Sprint delay until Verzon's iPhone launches? Sprint is losing customers and they need an answer. They need something.

Thoughts?

If sprint plays it smart they will release the HD2 and the Dragon and then flood the media with how their snapdragon phones outperform all competition, people really eat that stuff up and it will look like Sprint is keeping up with the joneses.

think about, when's the last time you saw a commercial for a sprint phone? the Pre? The HTC commercials don't even say anything about Sprint, HTC is pimping their own phones and Sprint doesn't advertise worth a crud on anything other than mobile to mobile. As a consumer I don't give a damn about something every other phone company is integrating anyways, I want to see why you're better than the rest, and when the last non-keyboard winmo phone you released was 2 years ago you best come out with something good.

Urufu_Shinjiro 12-17-2009 05:24 PM

Yeah, if they market it right the HD2 can be a real killer device, all they have to do is play up the 1ghz Snapdragon. If you let everyone know that this phone has more horsepower than ANY other phone on the market it WILL sell, speed always sells.

As for an Android HD2, I think the google phone, while not quite an HD2, will capture the Snapdragon droid arena.

boggsie 12-17-2009 06:34 PM

drool