PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: Orange

Gabe 69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool [CHT2] The Ultimate Geek Redesign ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ [UPD: DEC 9]

"In the end of the day, only geeks do well in life"
-Mr. Age E. Kman-

Introduction

Ok, so some of you may have seen my first clocks I've every made - know as the geek clocks. I would like to explain myself then continue this beautiful idea I have.

As many of you know, as soon as you take out your HD2 people awe over it's size but always end up asking - is that an iPhone? Then a conversation opens, and they say - so why wouldn't you just get an iPhone? Valid question for people who don't actually know how to use a cellphone. But we then show them how much better our cell really is. But truthfully, no one cares about specs - they care about looks. It's like at a bar: you don't go over to the nicest girl, you go over to the hottest girl.

So therefore, I would like to introduce to you the new Ultimate Geek Redesign! The idea is to have a funny, geeky, spiffy way to show off our cellphones just from our homescreen. I call this a redesign and not a theme is because I plan on making it a continual work in progress, as well as having multiple clocks/locks/softkeys/etc. so you can pick whatever you want without me picking your theme for you.

I am currently a beginner at all this jazz and the only thing I know how to use is photoshop. My cabs probably aren't made perfectly (although they work - I proved that on my cell) and I don't understand the coding at all... although I am currently trying to learn. Although, now that I think about it, that means my stuff's probably better for you - you know, "beginner's luck"

I will be constantly adding widgets to here (I've been working for 2 days and see how far I've gone already) so check back often.

If you have any ideas to build on what I have or new designing projects, or can help me with the programming bit, please pm me or reply to me here!

Now for the REDESIGNING!

Table of Contents:
  • CamoLock - The Invisible Lock Screen
  • No Entry - Do not enter! lock
  • The Ultimate Geek Clock - we just wanna show off
  • Digi-Geek Clock - For Those Digitalized Geeks
  • Binary Clock - It's Time to Work with Powers (pun intended)

NEW!!!! The CamoLock- The invisible (camouflaged) lock screen

Who wants to be able to see there lock button - just just takes up room and looks, well, not so nice This is for cht's lockscreen - windows style! (When you hold it down it turns normal again - then let go and it disappears... magic!)

NEW!!!!
No Entry Lock Screen

We don't anyone touching or messing around with our cell - it's time to share that!

The Ultimate Geek Clock

Link to its page is here.

Digi-Geek Clock (same link as before) [please use 24 clocks people - that's what geeks are for )

Softkeys
in the pictures above (they are minimal to leave our beautiful screen more room!)

Binary Clock - the ultimate geek way to tell time without anyone every knowing!

(The time is 1:56 - I hope you could tell)

By they way, this is only for 24 hour clocks - because, of course, we are geeks!

Works in progress:
  • Backgrounds (although more ideas would be nice!)
  • Locks
  • Email/Messages Skins
  • More Softkeys
Ideas for anything would be greatly appreciated, and again, anyone who can help with the programming lua and mode9 or whatever that stuff is would be amazing!

Original post on xda is here.

---
PM me if you need help on any designing/photoshop projects!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:06 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [CHT2] The Ultimate Geek Redesign ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ [UPD: DEC 9]

very nice work!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM6.5 Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jzsax1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

nice rom....
Old 02-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

looks promising, looking forward to it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Tags
cht, clock, geek, homescreen, widget