PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

MartyLK is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC HD2 music apps?

Hi gang! New member. Glad to be here. I've been doing a lot of reading and have gained some help from what I've...like removing icons on the Start Screen and other stuff.

My HD2 is the latest from T-Mobile...I've had it for about 4 days now...and has two music apps, the stock one from HTC (green music symbol) and WMP. Neither of these apps are very well for smoothness and fast/efficient operation. WMP doesn't resume...I tried the resume plugin from XDA, but it didn't work for me...and the HTC music app doesn't find most of my music and is laggy as can be.

My question is: Is there a nice music player for the HD2 that resumes and also plays FLAC and OGG? One that functions much finer?

Thanks so much
Old 04-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: HTC HD2 music apps?

welcome to the site. mine plays fine, i don't hit the power button, it goes off automatically and still plays. i'll try to find something that'll help...here are some tweaks, read these and i'll still keep looking for music help. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115663

Last edited by Dr.8820; 04-19-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MartyLK is a n00b

Thank you for your reply. Can I ask which music app you are referring to? WMP plays fine on my HD2, but after I stop playing music and mess around with other apps and such, the music doesn't resume when I boot WMP up again. I figure this is normal because there was a plug-in developed for it to allow a resume function.

If the HTC music app performs well for you, can I ask if you drag & drop music files on your card or if you sync music with a specific program?

EDIT -
I figured out the lagginess and issues with the HTC music app. I was using AAC files. I tried some regular MP3 files, sync'd with MediaMonkey, and the HTC music app performs nicely...much better than WMP.

The HTC app should resume where left off. I don't know what playlists are compatible with the HTC app, but the MM playlists I sync'd to it don't show files.

Last edited by MartyLK; 04-19-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MartyLK is a n00b

Wow! I tried to use DoubleTwist to sync playlists to my HD2 and now it freezes up whenever I select the HTC music player. I have tried resetting, but that doesn't help. The last time this happened...once before...I had to do a hard reset to resolve the problem.

DoubleTwist is officially the app from Satan! And it will be treated with intense hatred.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

sorry about that soldier. I use wmp, but I converted all all my files to mp3 and use the pc to sync. much easier that way. if you need help, just let me know .
Old 04-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

You might want to give Kinoma Play a try.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

ive been using Nitrogen for 2 yrs now & it rules...

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 04-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MartyLK is a n00b

Thanks, guys, for al the help. I'm back up and running...restored my HD2 to factory condition and have everything back in place...well, most everything, I could remember...lol

I hate WMP on the desktop because if you begin a sync and then remember there was something you didn't want going onto the device, WMP is determined not to be changed. It actually is rather frustrating how WMP works.

I tried MediaMonkey and it works the best, but the playlists it syncs don't work on the HD2. I can just drag & drop files, but I was wanting to have playlists.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MartyLK is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
You might want to give Kinoma Play a try.
I tried to install the Kinoma FreePlay but it won't install. I downloaded the one for WindowsMobile.

EDIT -
Eh...I used my HD2 to download it and open it. It installed fine. Thanks. It appears to play FLAC. If so, it will be what I was looking for.

EDIT 2 -
Sadly, no, Kinoma FreePlay doesn't do FLAC. I have a MicroSDHC card full of FLAC files that I use in all of my card supporting DAP that support FLAC, which I inserted into the HD2. After a lengthy scan of files, Kinoma puts a red stiped circle beside all of the FLAC music file and clicking on one brings up the message: "Unsupported MIME".

Ah well...guess I'll keep looking.

Last edited by MartyLK; 04-20-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyLK View Post
I tried to install the Kinoma FreePlay but it won't install. I downloaded the one for WindowsMobile.

EDIT -
Eh...I used my HD2 to download it and open it. It installed fine. Thanks. It appears to play FLAC. If so, it will be what I was looking for.

EDIT 2 -
Sadly, no, Kinoma FreePlay doesn't do FLAC. I have a MicroSDHC card full of FLAC files that I use in all of my card supporting DAP that support FLAC, which I inserted into the HD2. After a lengthy scan of files, Kinoma puts a red stiped circle beside all of the FLAC music file and clicking on one brings up the message: "Unsupported MIME".

Ah well...guess I'll keep looking.
I know in Kinoma Play, the paid version it shows support for FLAC, but I don't use FLAC files.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2