PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC HD2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   *UPDATE 3-14-10 * T-Mobile HD2 Launch Date (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108759)

darnell 03-03-2010 03:17 PM

Re: *UPDATE* T-Mobile HD2 Launch Date

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1603619)
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

hopefully the lawsuit by crapple doesn't screw up the release.

No way. The release is so soon, that it will be out by the time any court case takes place. (Assuming 3/24 is the real planned launch date.) And even if HTC loses, that does not mean there won't be an agreement made that allows HTC to continue.

If this goes like many other patent lawsuits, it may be a year or more before we hear anything more about it and its outcome.

Also see: HTC – Apple suit “unlikely to have significant impact … in near term”

the7thson 03-03-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnell (Post 1603531)
I'm just wondering when they will send the "official" annoucnement e-mails. I signed up to be notified. But have not received any notification. If it's less than 30 days away, they need to send something. No more need for mystery. Time to get the customers lined up to buy :) .

I'm going to wait about 30 days after the device is released anyway. Just to be "sure" the T-Mobile version is all good.

I imagine those emails will go out AFTER an official release date is announced. You didn't sign up for inside info, you signed to be gently reminded about about when this handset would be released :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1603619)
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

hopefully the lawsuit by crapple doesn't screw up the release.

Not a chance. These things typically take years to resolve and are typically resolved by settling out of court.

lwrdrchvy2 03-03-2010 06:34 PM

My store recieved the sim card for the demo HD2 on Friday and we recieved the dummy Moto Cliq XT yesterday so, im thinking the HD2 demo should be arriving in the next week if the March 24th date is still correct. Once it arrives ill post up some pictures.

the7thson 03-03-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 (Post 1604571)
My store recieved the sim card for the demo HD2 on Friday and we recieved the dummy Moto Cliq XT yesterday so, im thinking the HD2 demo should be arriving in the next week if the March 24th date is still correct. Once it arrives ill post up some pictures.

HELL YES!!! Thanks given :)

Mr.KLeen 03-03-2010 06:44 PM

cant wait ;]

crooks89 03-04-2010 02:43 PM

I just came from a local T-Mobile Kios and one of the reps got to keep a model from a training session. The phone is a lot nicer in person then I expected and it runs incredibly smooth. Personally I think HTC out did them selves with this one.

Mr.KLeen 03-04-2010 03:44 PM

thanks, i was hoping someone whos seen it would give an opinion. thats good news for me ;]

the7thson 03-04-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crooks89 (Post 1606478)
I just came from a local T-Mobile Kios and one of the reps got to keep a model from a training session. The phone is a lot nicer in person then I expected and it runs incredibly smooth. Personally I think HTC out did them selves with this one.

Oh my god I can't take this teasing anymore :mrgreen: I want it now already!
Great to hear what you said though about it being nicer in person :)

Dr.8820 03-04-2010 06:18 PM

i have a buddy with tmo and a free upgrade coming....hmm! i might have to see if the snapdragon is all that!

wmphoto 03-04-2010 08:30 PM

I just got back from the local Tmo store where I was speaking with the manager...
During the conversation about the HD2, he started to say the release date hadn't been announced yet, but he believed the 17th was going to be it.
Oh, and he said they have thier sim card for the demo as well. He told me he would give me a call when the demo comes it. He also said the demo usualy comes in about a week prior to the launch...
Am I too old to be this excited about a phone?