PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 07:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon

sargeslaughter is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
1 unread email after Gingerbread

I have an HTC Evo, rooted stock and noticed that after the GB update, it keeps saying there is 1 unread message (when i know that all are read) in my exchange corporate activesync mail. I can delete the shortcut on my home screen and re-create it and it disappears, but it keeps happening. My home Pop email shortcut and Gmail operate normally.

Anyone else having this?
Old 06-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: 1 unread email after Gingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeslaughter View Post
I have an HTC Evo, rooted stock and noticed that after the GB update, it keeps saying there is 1 unread message (when i know that all are read) in my exchange corporate activesync mail. I can delete the shortcut on my home screen and re-create it and it disappears, but it keeps happening. My home Pop email shortcut and Gmail operate normally.

Anyone else having this?
I haven't seen this with my corporate account. Have you checked if there are any subfolders in the inbox that may have an email in there?
Old 06-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Wirelessly posted (HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I've had this but its so few and far between that it usually resets after a refresh...

Give some
Old 06-19-2011, 03:49 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

sargeslaughter is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I haven't seen this with my corporate account. Have you checked if there are any subfolders in the inbox that may have an email in there?

The subfolders are ok with no new mail in them. This seems to come and go.

Thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Maybe the update from Sprint/HTC that's coming out in a few days will address this and some of the other issues people are having after updating to the OTA GB rom, it was either the 20th or 24th that the update is supposed to come out.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

This is an issue on every EVO in my business. It happens if the notification is still there when the phone syncs to an "all read" state. For example, I primarily check my messages at the computer instead of phone, so I hear the new email notice several times a day. When I pick up my phone, all the messages in my inbox are read, and the phone syncs up. Messages get marked as read, but most recent notification sticks. Only way to clear it is to reboot, OR to have quick finders and open the next unread email from the phone instead of computer.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:40 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

sargeslaughter is a n00b

Interesting. Thanks for the input guys. It did seem to come and go.

I since then found a program that I really like called "Enhanced email". It allows a combined inbox with my exchange and home account, showing different colors discreetly on the side so you know which email account it is from. Finally a "mark all as read" feature and also a bonus of bypassing the 4 digit PIN requirement.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

tbhausen is just getting started
Lightbulb Re: 1 unread email after Gingerbread

Another easy but temporary fix for this is simply to delete the Mail app icon from your homescreen and then re-add it. This is still happening with the maintenance update to 2.3.3 on my stock (not rooted) EVO 4G.

Last edited by tbhausen; 07-07-2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: typo

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G