PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

Scari is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Total factory reset

I rooted my evo using unrevoked, months ago. A few days ago, suddenly, I got the message processcom.android.htccontacts has stopped unexpetedly. I also cannot access the market. I have cleared the data, through, power up, holding down button, clear data. Is there a total factory reset that I can do, that will return my phone to what it was the first day? Not just clear user data, but put back all the sprint data. I have heard of the facebook app causing this failure, but I took that app off. There has to be a total reset. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G
Carrier: Sprint

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work
Re: Total factory reset

you need to go to unrevoked, flash the S-ON tool.

Then go to Shipped ROMs, and download the shipped rom of your choice (you say you want the one that was there on day 1, I am sure a newer one is a better choice though.)

After you download the shipped rom, you can run the RUU .exe on your PC. If you are on a mac, things may be a little more complicated for you, but are doable. (I am sure there are threads about doing it on a mac, options including but not limited to BootCamp, VMWare, Parallels, etc...)

NOTE: It is important to do it in that order, because once you flash the RUU, you will not have a custom recovery to install the S-ON tool with. If you run the RUU, then flash a custom recovery, you will no longer be like you were on day 1.

Last edited by mikewest; 04-27-2011 at 10:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:53 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Did that work?

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Scari is a n00b

Thanks for getting me started in the right direction.
Shipped Rom's you suggested, doesn't have a download for evo. I did download RUU Supersonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.29.651.exe from another place. I attempted to run it on my pc, with no luck. Do I put that on my sdcard the same way as a zip?
There are also sites suggesting pc36img.zip to return the phone to factory. Which do you suggest? I'm planning on rooting the phone again, after I fix what ever file that was corrupted.
Thanks again for your help.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC: Touch > TP > TP2 > EVO 4G > EVO 3D
Carrier: USCC moved to Sprint

Earmuffs is becoming a great contributor

mikewest

You got thanks for your awesome siggy
Old 05-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G
Carrier: Sprint

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scari View Post
Thanks for getting me started in the right direction.
Shipped Rom's you suggested, doesn't have a download for evo. I did download RUU Supersonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.29.651.exe from another place. I attempted to run it on my pc, with no luck. Do I put that on my sdcard the same way as a zip?
There are also sites suggesting pc36img.zip to return the phone to factory. Which do you suggest? I'm planning on rooting the phone again, after I fix what ever file that was corrupted.
Thanks again for your help.
Shipped ROMs does have an eve section.... click the android logo, then the words SUPERSONIC, you will see a nice selection of eight rome to choose from.

Shipped ROMs

Again, don't forget that this EXE is an RUU installer. You need to run the app on your PC, like a program (as all exe's are).

If you are running on a Mac, you will need to find a PC, reboot into bootcamp (but I assume you would have already done this if you know how), or run a virtual machine on Parallels, VMWare or whatever that free one is called.

Last edited by mikewest; 05-01-2011 at 05:16 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
total factory reset