PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

culua is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
cant flash kernels why?

i dont know whats wrong with my phone but, before you guys tell me which kernel and which rom. i know which kernel to flash to which roms, sense to sense yes i know. but everytime i flash a kernel i get a bootloop screen. i wipe cace, and devik before flashing a kernel but still the same problem. i even switch recovery amon ra but sometime restoring with amon ra leaves me in the bootscreen for awhile and never goes pass to the main screen. the only why for me to get a custom kernel is by flashing a rom that comes with a custom kernel. please help me answer my problem. yes i even try download kernel manager same situation. i dont whats seem to be the problem. i used clockworkmod and amon ra recovery both same bootloop. i even tried differnt version of clockwordmod. if you want to know whats my phones version it is

2.2 2.15.00.11.19 stock htc kernel 18-2 #15 with ava-froyoZ3ro build pri prl 1.90_003 60677 Hboot 2.10.0001
Old 04-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: cant flash kernels why?

fully rooted, NAND unlocked?
Old 04-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

culua is a n00b

fully rooted i used unrevoked3 and nand unlocked my S-off
Old 04-21-2011, 01:15 AM
Master Kimosabi

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i think unrevoked3 is for partial root and forever is for NAND. Maybe reroot using the long (but easy) way in the stickies, second post i believe. I did that and never had an issue since.

And I hear unrevoked in general is hit or miss.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

culua is a n00b

ok please tell what i have to do to start over back to stock.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:22 AM
Master Kimosabi

click my signature link, then flash a stock rom from the third post.

As far as flashing, make sure you skim the root sticky and download the necessary files first. you will be working with the CMD screen through adb. Here is a quick turorial on adb commands. [HOW-TO] ADB for Dummies(How-To Learner's Guide) - xda-developers

Last edited by aman1127; 04-21-2011 at 01:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

culua is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
click my signature link, then flash a stock rom from the third post.

As far as flashing, make sure you skim the root sticky and download the necessary files first. you will be working with the CMD screen through adb. Here is a quick turorial on adb commands. [HOW-TO] ADB for Dummies(How-To Learner's Guide) - xda-developers

ok im in process unrooting i have the s-on and now im installing stock sense. i will let you know if your method works and thank you.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO 4G

mjcole2003 is keeping up the good workmjcole2003 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
i think unrevoked3 is for partial root and forever is for NAND. Maybe reroot using the long (but easy) way in the stickies, second post i believe. I did that and never had an issue since.

And I hear unrevoked in general is hit or miss.
I used unrevoked3 months ago and i am fully rooted. nothing partial about my root...im a flashaholic and have flashed a ton of roms and new kernels( i'm partial to the sbc kernels).
Old 04-21-2011, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO 4G

mjcole2003 is keeping up the good workmjcole2003 is keeping up the good work

...something just occured to me. OP, did you uninstall you HTCsync before you used the unrevoked method of rooting? I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you don't uninstall the HTCsync program from your computer, that is messes up the rooting process. Just a thought. I found where it was discussed in the android forums here: rooting question re: using HTC Sync 3.0.5511 - Android Forums post #2. I know i read it elsewhere as well... good luck
Old 04-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

culua is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcole2003 View Post
...something just occured to me. OP, did you uninstall you HTCsync before you used the unrevoked method of rooting? I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you don't uninstall the HTCsync program from your computer, that is messes up the rooting process. Just a thought. I found where it was discussed in the android forums here: rooting question re: using HTC Sync 3.0.5511 - Android Forums post #2. I know i read it elsewhere as well... good luck

yes i remove the htc sync before rooting. well i used a different process to root and nand unlock still same problem as always my phone just hates custom kernels. i can live with its not a big problem everything works great except i cant install custom kernels. i just wait be patient for someone with same problem as mine and hopefully fixes.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G