PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rooted Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

joey132 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rooted :-)

i rooted about a week or 2 ago and i love it but im going to tell everyone the truth i had SERIOUS trouble with it and didn't understand half the stuff i was doing. (lots of help with generous people on the forums )

now that i'm rooted i wan't to know how to correctively install custom roms to my phone i love different themes and clean cut.

can someone post a link if this has already been posted and please make it simple as possible for the dummies like myself that don't understand all this tech talk (yet)
Old 03-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Rooted :-)

They have stickies above in the main forum
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

here's the link to the thread that has all that good reading: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...roms-wipe.html

plus look at youtube videos and watch them do it, lots of videos on this subject just do a search for evo rooting or something like that, good luck.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Aman is right and that is a great place to start. Also, pay close attention to the instructions from the ROM chef for the ROM that you decide to try, as some have specific requirements for their ROM to function correctly.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rooted Evo 4g
Threadstarter

joey132 is a n00b

Appreciate it fellas
Old 03-31-2011, 01:18 AM
Master Kimosabi

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sorry wasnt being a douch but i have ssen the same post all too many times. Glad to help in any way that cant be found on the site.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
sorry wasnt being a douch but i have ssen the same post all too many times. Glad to help in any way that cant be found on the site.
Don't be that guy

Sent From My Rooted Evo Using Tapatalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Master Kimosabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
Don't be that guy
Sent From My Rooted Evo Using Tapatalk
I know, having a tough week. Tgif!

Cooler than your EVO
Old 04-03-2011, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Number one rule is just what your Momma taught you. Wipe often, wipe properly and wash your hands afterwards. The last part is not so important to EVOs but it is a good rule, especially if you chew your nails.

More bumps in the night have arisen when Noobs flashed a Rom without cleaning out the caches. That is when you log in and say, "I have been stuck on this white HTC screen for 4 days and don't know what to do!!". Also, don't panic if you get hung up somewhere. These phones are more forgiving than we deserve. Since driving Evo's, I can only think og one or two truly bricked phones and in those cases, the owners did stuff that was beyond dumb.

Enjoy your new toy. The rooted world opens up a whole new frontier which, if not availiable to me, would have left the EVO nothing more than a remote telephone with a camera.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

DetroitFlyer is a n00b

So, what are the potential down sides to rooting? Say I root but leave the phone stock. If an OTA comes out for Gingerbread am I not able to update because I am rooted? I am not big into custom ROMs but it would be nice to use the wireless hot spot without paying the man....

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G