PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 11:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G!
Carrier: Sprint

NJ2toU is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy problem with sprint navigation upgrade

hey all, I tried searching and couldn't find any threads related to this, so I hope I'm not asking something that's been asked already.

I went to use my Sprint navigation today, after not having used it in a while and got and upgrade message. I liked the new features, so said, sure, why not? and downloaded the upgrade.

It sure looks nice, but it won't actually navigate now. I've checked whatever settings I could find, but after clicking on "drive to", inputing the address or whatever, all I get is a map with a route on it. I can't zoom or anything. I see "go" in white on the bottom of the screen, but it does nothing.

I tried rebooting my phone, but still nothing.

Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas what to do?

I loved my Sprint Nav and would happily take back what I had, but I can't figure out how to get that either.

I have an unrooted Evo.

thanks!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Re: problem with sprint navigation upgrade

Sorry I can't help you but have you tried the Google Nav. It's quite good.

You can Speak an Address and go right there.

It can show real time traffic and the time estimate factors in traffic.

It also can in clude street view.

If you tap on time the estimate it will show the real time traffic along the route.

The Voice could be a little better.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:19 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

could also trying to google and find the version you had before you upgraded so that you can uninstall the one you have and install the one you had before the update, might want to post what version you need in case someone has it or knows where to get it.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Use Google Navigation, way better than Sprint Nav...better interface..only downside is the speech system...a bit on the computer soundy! Otherwise it's the best I've ever used...even allows layers, traffic, satillite view etc...
Old 02-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

Ive never cared for sprint nav...I ALWAYS use google maps or google nav for my needs. Its never failed me and i always get where I need to way quicker than sprint nav. Besides, sprint nav has always take a long dang time to load and i hate that lol. Trust me, google maps and nav and you can't go wrong.

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Do a profile update under menu/settings/about phone/updates. This may help. If you look at the top of Sprint Nav does it say basic gps or something to that effect. It may also be a network issue occurring in your area. This happened to me several months ago and when I called Sprint all they wanted to do was factory reset my phone. It turned out to be a problem with the Nav provider that sprint uses not correctly registering my account as having gps included. Once I got to a new area where the outage wasn't occurring my nav started working again.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:46 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

NJ2toU is a n00b

Thanks everyone. I have google nav too and that's what I had to use when the upgrade didn't work. I guess I'm so used to using Sprint Nav - and yeah, the voice is better - that I haven't used google nav much. The upgrade was to Telenav and it was supposed to give you choices of routes to take you, instead of just the one it thought "best" and some other options I liked. It also has a "premium" upgrade for $4.99 a month that gives you red light cameras and such, but I don't need that, as I have that with other programs.

Has anyone else gotten this "free upgrade" message? And has it worked? Or is everyone else just using Google Nav?

I'll do a search and see if I can find the apk for my "old" sprint nav, but I'm not sure which version I had. It might have been 2.8, but I'm not positive.

In the meantime, I'll keep using Google Nav and see if I can get used to it, which I'm sure I will.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Sprint nav is more accurate than google since it's run by telenav. Google on the other hand is more efficient since its native to android. Also google has a caching feature that will let you use it without data coverage. In the end it's a matter of preference.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 02-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

I killed Sprint Nav with Titanium Backup! It is too complicated for what it needs to do. As far as the voice goes, just BUY Susan by Loquendo, and you are all set for Google Maps...
Old 02-21-2011, 01:14 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

NJ2toU is a n00b

Well, guess what? I looked through my files with Astro and first found the original Sprint Nav file and then I went to uninstall the upgrade and it brought me back to the original Sprint Nav!

Also, I had updated my profile and prl a day or two prior, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it working or not working.

I may try a reinstall and see if that does anything. I'd really like to try out the new features. We'll see.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G