PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Unroot without USB Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139788)

diplomat2387 01-17-2011 11:18 AM

Unroot without USB Question

Is there a way to unroot your phone without USB? My charging port is no longer working properly and a replacement is being sent to me. The phone will not connect to my computer anymore. Can someone please help me. Thank you.

WarChild 01-17-2011 11:23 AM

Re: Unroot without USB Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by diplomat2387 (Post 2038228)
Is there a way to unroot your phone without USB? My charging port is no longer working properly and a replacement is being sent to me. The phone will not connect to my computer anymore. Can someone please help me. Thank you.

You do so at your own risk but I wouldnt worry about unrooting. I have never unrooted or even taken off a custom ROM off any of my phones that I have turned in for replacement. Give me a few minutes and I will look into SD/Unrooting. Does your computer have BT?

diplomat2387 01-17-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChild (Post 2038229)
You do so at your own risk but I wouldnt worry about unrooting. I have never unrooted or even taken off a custom ROM off any of my phones that I have turned in for replacement. Give me a few minutes and I will look into SD/Unrooting. Does your computer have BT?

I just don't want them calling me back and saying bla bla I voided the warranty and all that stuff...It is being returned because my usb/charging port isn't working so idk what they are going to do with it...

diplomat2387 01-17-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChild (Post 2038229)

No I don't think it does...I even tried flashing a custom ROM with 2.1 and downloading the Sprint OTA update but when I go to firmware and try to click it says no updates available..

WarChild 01-17-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diplomat2387 (Post 2038235)
No I don't think it does...I even tried flashing a custom ROM with 2.1 and downloading the Sprint OTA update but when I go to firmware and try to click it says no updates available..

Do you have a way to get software onto your minisd? ie a card reader and minisd adapter...

diplomat2387 01-17-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChild (Post 2038237)
Do you have a way to get software onto your minisd? ie a card reader and minisd adapter...

Yeah I have card reader..

WarChild 01-17-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diplomat2387 (Post 2038240)
Yeah I have card reader..

Then you should be able to follow these steps just put all the software on the SD card with the reader instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastRX8 (Post 1793726)

********UN-ROOTING********

This information was copied from The Droid Demos page
He also has a youtube video tutorial

Items you'll need
1- Unrevoked S-On Tool
2- PC36IMG.zip

Section 6 -

Simple Instructions -
If you're comfortable with everything Android related(flashing, recovery, etc.) then its just 2 simple steps:

1) If you used Unrevoked Forever at any time, flash unrevoked-forever-son.zip from recovery until hboot shows S-ON
2) Flash the PC36IMG.zip from hboot

Detailed Instructions -
If you have used Unrevoked forever, start here
6A) Make sure you have downloaded the files linked above. Do not extract them

6B) Connect your phone to your computer via USB and change to "Disk Drive" by dragging down from the notification bar.

6C) If you have NOT used Unrevoked Forever, skip to the instructions below. If you have, transfer unrevoked-forever-son.zip to the root of your sdcard. Do NOT transfer the PC36IMG yet. It'll only cause a hassle and make this take longer.

6D) Once complete, power off the phone

6E) reboot into the recovery by holding VOL DOWN + POWER until it boots to the white screen. Then select RECOVERY.

6F) Depending on what recovery you're using, you need to flash a zip. Select the unrevoked-foreverson.zip that you just transferred and complete the flash.

6G) When complete, power off the phone. Reboot into the bootloader by holding VOL DOWN + POWER until it boots to the white screen. If it says S-ON at the top, select RECOVERY and skip to step 6I. If it says S-OFF, repeat steps 6E-6G Until it does.

If you have not used Unrevoked forever, start here

6H) Power off the phone and reboot into the recovery by holding VOL DOWN + POWER until it boots to the white screen. Then select RECOVERY.

6I) Connect via USB. There is an option for this in both Amon RA and Clockwork.

6J) Transfer the PC36IMG.zip to the root of your sdcard.

6K) EJECT THE PHONE FROM THE COMPUTER and then turn off USB in Recovery

6L) Power off the phone and reboot into the bootloader by holding VOL DOWN + POWER until it boots to the white screen.

6M) It should check the PC36IMG.zip and then ask you YES/NO to apply the update. Press VOL UP for YES

6N) Once complete, Press VOL UP to reboot.

You are now unrooted!

diplomat2387 01-17-2011 11:44 AM

Can I just start at 6H since I haven't used the unrevoked method?...And I have heard this method doesn't work anymore according to other forums..

WarChild 01-17-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diplomat2387 (Post 2038249)
Can I just start at 6H since I haven't used the unrevoked method?...And I have heard this method doesn't work anymore according to other forums..

Yes you can. Try it and if it doesnt work we will go from there.

diplomat2387 01-17-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChild (Post 2038260)
Yes you can. Try it and if it doesnt work we will go from there.

If it doesn't work, can I restore my phone from Nand?