PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jmath15 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with rooting induced problems

OK, so I've been looking around to try to figure out what I did wrong but I'm completely lost. I started with a EVO: hardware version 0004 and the 3.70 software update. I rooted it manually and then flashed to the warm 2.2 rom. Immediately the battery life was horrible, it would only last for 4 hrs or so on a charge and I made sure there weren't any programs running in the background or anything. So this morning I reflashed my pc36img.zip, figuring I'd just start over from scratch. But now, if I try to turn on the wifi hotspot the phone reboots, and my camera won't work at all. I "unrooted" it, but the s-off is still there in bootloader, and the superuser icon is gone from the app menu. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Help with rooting induced problems

if s-off your still rooted ..
load this with hboot
DOWNLOAD
MIRROR
[All-In-One Update, INCLUDES Updated Baseband & Wimax Radios + PRI 1.90_003, Uninstallable apps]
you might and bad bat life and cam didnt work cuz the kernel a radios didnt like eash other
the rom you used is running of older build and you have newer radios

or you can use any rom running off 3.70 base

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 01-03-2011 at 06:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jmath15 is a n00b

ok. Thanks a lot!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Ya'll got to be careful with PC36IMG.zip
It is simply a wrapper around an image file that could hold just about anything. Could be a Rom, Radio, Recovery. It is just a wrapper that allows HBoot to process them without running Recovery.
Do take a peek inside of the zip file before pushing to the card. Get familiar with the contents. Know what you are flashing.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
Ya'll got to be careful with PC36IMG.zip
It is simply a wrapper around an image file that could hold just about anything. Could be a Rom, Radio, Recovery. It is just a wrapper that allows HBoot to process them without running Recovery.
Do take a peek inside of the zip file before pushing to the card. Get familiar with the contents. Know what you are flashing.
what u dont trust me...
Old 01-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Jmath, you have must have the alternate camera hardware in your evo so you need to make sure when you flash a rom that it is compatible with your hardware. Especially the kernel and software version. I believe for the new camera hardware you need to make sure any rom you flash is at least based and the 3.30 software or higher and that the kernel matches your software. You must of had an old PC136IMG file to cause the errors you experienced. Be careful and read up before flashing to make sure it is compatible. By the way, Karl hooked you up with Sprint Lovers rom which is by far the most stable and compatible Sense rom you can install.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jmath15 is a n00b

Yeah, thanks for the suggestions. I thought i knew what I was doing but I guess not LOL . I got pretty knowledgeable with wm flashing, but I'm gonna have to do some more reading with android. BTW, i flashed to sprint lovers and now it looks like i lost my rsa key - so no 4G. I backed it up before I rooted but I can't find any info on how to restore it. Other than that though, everything works great.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Hero

dgreen1 is a n00b

The earlier poster is correct. You need to make sure the Rom your flashing matches the software on your phone.

Myns 2.2 wont run very well until he releases RLS 5 which should be released in the next week, HOPEFULLY.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
what u dont trust me...
Trust but verify KarlE. That wrapper is unique in that you can put anything in it. Whereas other Roms generally have a file name that describes what it is.

The point I am trying to make is that it is the ulimate responsibility of the guy clicking the buttons to know what is going on with his phone.

A while back, a user kept reflashing a radio thinking he was reflashing a Rom. We went round and round, trying to make sense of it all. Finally, I asked what size the file was and he replied 155kb and I realized he was flashing a radio (or one highly optimized Rom)

Nothing was directed at you. We been putting out these brushfires in tandum.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

Hey Guys,
Me and my friend got our phones about a week apart. Both version 0004 (about a month old) with the white back. Anyways, I flashed both of our phones with Azrael 3.1 rom, 2.6.32.25 netarchy toastmod 4.2.1 cfs bfq havs less smartass, and the circle battery mod but his camera is not working. My phone has been set up this way and everything works flawlessly. My battery usage averages about 100-200mA when the phone is on and so does his now but his camera just wont work. when i click the app, the screen just turns black.... Not sure whats going on. CAn anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance.

oh btw, i have setcpu running and am clocked to 1152

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G