PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 03:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Finally
Carrier: Sprint

timdawgdentist is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What should I do. Gf evo won't go into recovery

I went to flash her phone to updated Rom and it wouldn't go into recovery. Phone says s-off and she can use all root programs. Also used unrevoked 321 root on both our phones. Mine is fine. Just reroot ?
Rom manager won't go into recovery either.
Just sitting here scratching my head

Thanx in advance.
TIM
Old 11-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: What should I do. Gf evo won't go into recovery

Open rom manager and have it install an alternate recovery. Either have it install Amon Ra 1.8 or reinstall clockworkmod and see if that helps.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Install Quickboot from market and see if it lets you go in recovery. Also in rom manger what recovery does it say you are on. Was a backup ever made on her phone?
Old 11-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Or if those dont work...does getting into recovery the old fashion way still work? Power + volume down then select recovery.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Or if those dont work...does getting into recovery the old fashion way still work? Power + volume down then select recovery.
Yes power and volume still work.. if you lost recovery you can always load it with fastboot or adb shell

Sent From Rooted Evo Using Tapatalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 11-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Maybe get a new GF that knows how to get into recovery on her own?

LOL, J/K. Did you ever get this working?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Open rom manager and have it install an alternate recovery. Either have it install Amon Ra 1.8 or reinstall clockworkmod and see if that helps.
+1 to this idea.

But why how did you lose recovery in the first place? Does it come up with the /!\ instead at least?

I usually keep clockwork as a PC36IMG file on my SD card, since it is small, it doesn't take too much time for Hboot to check for it and ask me if I want to flash it every time I load up into bootloader.

It also gives me a way to recover from any screw ups I may make

Then I install Rom Manager and flash Amon_RA and work from there.

-CC
Old 11-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yeah amon ra worked. B4 the clockwork said it worked. But
Old 11-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

But it would stay at white evo screen that's it never go into recovery. Now its fin thanks guys
Old 11-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

clsiburt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by timdawgdentist View Post
But it would stay at white evo screen that's it never go into recovery. Now its fin thanks guys
I am having the EXACT same problem. I was running CM6 with no problems, then I installed the hacked angry birds. The next time I woke my phone up I got continual process.android.acore FC's.

I booted to recovery and flashed Fresh, but I was having problems, because I used Clockwork instead of Amon. I used ROM Manager to switch recoveries, and attempted to reboot into recovery mode to reflash Fresh. Now everytime I do, I am stuck at the white Evo 4g screen.

What exactly did you do to fix yours? I have tried rerooting, and am now running a rooted stock. I cannot access recovery at all at this point and cannot flash any custom ROM's.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G