PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 07:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Gunflight is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Sync question?

I have synced all of my contacts with HTC sync and outlook and they are on my phone. How do I sync the contacts and calendar on my phone with Google?

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

carlitos is becoming a great contributor
Re: Google Sync question?

the way i do it is when i save a number i save it to google instead of phone thats how it gets syncrinize with google

Old 10-04-2010, 08:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S II
Carrier: sprint

mac901 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to mac901

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
the way i do it is when i save a number i save it to google instead of phone thats how it gets syncrinize with google

i think he wants to know how to sync all his contacts to google sounds like he came from a wm phone??
Old 10-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

I wouldn't try to sync from multiple sources
I always end up with duplicates when I try it

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 10-04-2010, 10:40 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I guess we should start by asking if you have an @gmail.com account and if you do are you using it on this device?

Old 10-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
I wouldn't try to sync from multiple sources
I always end up with duplicates when I try it
It's totally screwed up the way this phone handles contacts. There are basically two address books. One called phone and the other for Google contacts. So if you sync with HTC sync the contacts go into the phone address book and will not sync with google. If you do then have google contacts and you and have both address books checked under contacts>menu>view you end up with duplicates. I have been using this to sync outlook contacts with google. I can then sync the phone with google and end up with one address book without duplicates.

Edit: I should say the linked program seems to have issues with the automated sync feature. If you use it I recommend sync'ing manually every so often.

Last edited by chas123; 10-04-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

As an update to my previous post:

This program works much better than the one posted above. You will also need this if you want to automate the whole thing (contary to what the documentation say the free version of this software does work with Outlook 2007).

What I did:
1) deleted all phone contacts ( phone and Google).
2) synced outlook and gmail contacts
3) synced the phone to gmail.

I now have one contact list on the phone that syncs with gmail, which in turn I have set to sync every 100 minutes to Outlook. I am also using Google's proprietary calendar sync to sync my google and outlook calendars every 100 minutes. HTC sync continues to have issues IMO. Duplicate contacts, missed contacts, won't sync google contacts, etc.

Last edited by chas123; 10-04-2010 at 02:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

First if you have a gmail account you can just go to settings, sync and select calander and it will now sync your calander. Anytime you make a change to your contacts or to your calander it will auto sync to save that to your gmail.

I had big multipule contacts issues but its been solved. I know just use google to sync my contacts and then I select only show contacts with numbers. If you sync your contacts and then import contacts from SD you will not only have duplicate contacts but now if you google syncs you will have duplicates in google. The best thing to do is just sync google contacts go into your gmail account and make the corrections to the contacts with multipule copies. Next export your contacts to your SD card as a back up only. You should never need to import them as long as your gmail account is syncing and not having issues. The whole google sync thing is actually pretty awesome if you use gmail. However, it definantly took some trial and error for me as I got pretty frusturated until I finaly understood what was going on.

Edit: Also the easiest way to check and see if you have multi contacts and if so who are the contacts that have multiplied is to go into settings, call settings, voicemail settings, click voicemail number and click the tab that allows you to set the voicemail. All your contacts will now show up in a list view and if there is more then one for a certain contact it will be listed under that contact so its a very easy way to check for multiple contacts.

Last edited by twilk; 10-05-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
First if you have a gmail account you can just go to settings, sync and select calander and it will now sync your calander. Anytime you make a change to your contacts or to your calander it will auto sync to save that to your gmail.

I had big multipule contacts issues but its been solved. I know just use google to sync my contacts and then I select only show contacts with numbers. If you sync your contacts and then import contacts from SD you will not only have duplicate contacts but now if you google syncs you will have duplicates in google. The best thing to do is just sync google contacts go into your gmail account and make the corrections to the contacts with multipule copies. Next export your contacts to your SD card as a back up only. You should never need to import them as long as your gmail account is syncing and not having issues. The whole google sync thing is actually pretty awesome if you use gmail. However, it definantly took some trial and error for me as I got pretty frusturated until I finaly understood what was going on.

Edit: Also the easiest way to check and see if you have multi contacts and if so who are the contacts that have multiplied is to go into settings, call settings, voicemail settings, click voicemail number and click the tab that allows you to set the voicemail. All your contacts will now show up in a list view and if there is more then one for a certain contact it will be listed under that contact so its a very easy way to check for multiple contacts.
You also have to make sure that when you add a contact to the phone you save it as a google contact. Regular phone contacts will not sync with google.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G