PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

ink718 is keeping up the good workink718 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718
Re: Evo 4G Available Oct 1~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunniz View Post
I have pushed out A LOT of sprint phones lol but unfortunately my store only gets the upgrade customers so i guess i wait another 4 weeks lol not that bad. Hopefully with my evo ill be able to get on. I have a phone that im happy with at the moment and i always put money aside for when a better phone comes out for me so if i dont want to extend contract i dont have to, thats what i did with my tp2 but the evo was different only because i was broke already lol.
Am not understanding. Doesn't Sprint employee's get free service? They just have to pay for the phone or something? Or is that your working for a 3rd party retailer?

Don't forget to say thanx! ;]
Old 09-19-2010, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink718 View Post
Am not understanding. Doesn't Sprint employee's get free service? They just have to pay for the phone or something? Or is that your working for a 3rd party retailer?
they get it at price as new customers and no MIR. (if its time for upgrade anyway)
Old 09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
they get it at price as new customers and no MIR. (if its time for upgrade anyway)
As a 3rd party retailer, we have to pay for the phone (full amount) with no MIR's or Sprint IR's. So the EVO is $449, we have to pay $449 less our corporate discount which is 10%. We are then set up for unlimited everything for $30 a month.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
As a 3rd party retailer, we have to pay for the phone (full amount) with no MIR's or Sprint IR's. So the EVO is $449, we have to pay $449 less our corporate discount which is 10%. We are then set up for unlimited everything for $30 a month.
wow now that SUCKS. ;( I am sorry dude. I work for sprint so we get it at 199 (well actualy we are getting it for 159 for having to wait so long)
Old 09-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Actually, my manager had found a way around paying the full price. He still pays his $30 a month but if we go to a different RS district from our own we are able to get the upgrade price on devices. I dont know how it works for other RS districts but for us that seems to work haha, hopefully, ill be able to maybe do an upgrade come june next year......well, depending on what sprint has out then. Im not really seeing anything impressive for 4th quarter at this point.....but we still have 1st and 2nd next year .
Old 09-20-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Damionix is keeping up the good workDamionix is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Damionix Send a message via MSN to Damionix Send a message via Yahoo to Damionix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbunniz View Post
Actually, my manager had found a way around paying the full price. He still pays his $30 a month but if we go to a different RS district from our own we are able to get the upgrade price on devices. I dont know how it works for other RS districts but for us that seems to work haha, hopefully, ill be able to maybe do an upgrade come june next year......well, depending on what sprint has out then. Im not really seeing anything impressive for 4th quarter at this point.....but we still have 1st and 2nd next year .
Been reading all that's on this thread, and I am a little confused.
There have been several phones that have been Out like the EVO and the Epic 4G that I would like to get. Problem is , I am still on the Freer and Clear 3000 I had from 3 years ago and have no intention of letting go as the new plans offer nothing worth an extra $40/month. I was following the news of the October 1st changes closely. Last I read, people could get these phones but pay $10 -$20 more/month which I wouldn't mind.
My Question is, what are my options as a Free and Clear 3000 owner. Am stuck with my Touch Pro 2 I have had for a while now. I would love to get a new phone, must not be android . Any input is appreicated.

"Computer Maintenance Technician, Houston, TX"

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G