PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 03:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

buck12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sluggish

Has anyone experienced any lag from their phone like switching to different windows or anything else
Old 08-07-2010, 03:17 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Sluggish

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck12 View Post
Has anyone experienced any lag from their phone like switching to different windows or anything else
Are you just posting to ask that or are you having an issue? If your having an issue you need to tell us what ROM your using and what apps you have installed.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck12 View Post
The short answer is "yes".

Are you using Netarchy's kernel in some form?

Did you wipe Cache/Dalvik/Data before flashing the ROM?
Old 08-07-2010, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

jfizz88 is keeping up the good workjfizz88 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
The short answer is "yes".

Are you using Netarchy's kernel in some form?

Did you wipe Cache/Dalvik/Data before flashing the ROM?
I'm using clockwork 2.x and I erased to factory before I flashed fresh 3.0 but I not sure 8f it clears dalvik as well. If i clear the cache and dalvik manually, what data will I be losing?

Crispy EVO because its Toasted.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nautalis is just getting started

Ever since I upgraded to Fresh's 3.1.0.1 my Evo has lagged bad. I did all the clearing of cache and sort, flashed the latest Wimax and radio, but still lag. My 3G has been real slow, getting around 200kb down. I live in the Salt Lake City area and my 3G was steller on Fresh's 2.1 roms. My wifi signals are poor, dropped calls, and changing screens is real laggy. I have the screen lift bad on my Evo, so I'm just waiting to exchange it.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautalis View Post
Ever since I upgraded to Fresh's 3.1.0.1 my Evo has lagged bad. I did all the clearing of cache and sort, flashed the latest Wimax and radio, but still lag. My 3G has been real slow, getting around 200kb down. I live in the Salt Lake City area and my 3G was steller on Fresh's 2.1 roms. My wifi signals are poor, dropped calls, and changing screens is real laggy. I have the screen lift bad on my Evo, so I'm just waiting to exchange it.
not to ask the obvious, but have you updated the data profile in settings? I have experienced similiar slowdowns in froyo but doing this immediately brought the speed back. good luck.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Why is 90% of the post in the Evo 4G forum about issues in regards to cooked ROM's? Seriously it seems to me that the Official Build from HTC is more stable than these cooked ROM's are. Yeah they may have less junkware on them, yes they may be a bit faster...but is it worth all the trouble? No offense to anyone who's running these ROM's, thats your choice to do so...I just have seen more issues regarding these ROM's since Evo release.

Also for anyone running Fresh 3...I just replied to a post with a person that was having 4G issues in regards to speed. He was getting 5500kbps a sec on Fresh 2 vs 1800kbps on Fresh 3. I noticed that you were having "sluggish" issue with Fresh 3. It seems to me the Fresh 3 ROM needs a bit of tweaking or needs to be updated...because you would be the 2nd person having issues with it. I would contact the creator and let him know whats going on.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Having no problems on damage control. He did an awesome job.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sponsored by Kools.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G