PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Really HOT kickstand

I searched, nothing so far found... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Has anyone noticed (yes before I get the 1000 responses that point out that the kickstand is also a heatsink) that the kickstand in normal use gets REALLY REALLY REALLY hot. So hot it's amost difficult to hold the phone properly?

Just wondering if it's just my device or if anyone else is experiencing this as well?
Old 07-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Really HOT kickstand

I doubt the kickstand is actually used as a heatsink, but with HTC, anything is possible. If it's getting that hot, I would proceed to the nearest sprint dealer or a hose, which ever appears first. But no, my kickstand is always cold. Like my wife.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Why would I return a device that is NOT malfunctioning in any way except for a hot kickstand? Seems there are enough "refurbished" hell stories out there already without my also adding to the mix.

Beyond the kickstand being hot, which is dissipated once I use it as a kickstand, there's nothing else wrong with the device.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

My kickstand has never felt hot. Is the temp of your device unusually hot as well?
Old 07-10-2010, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

brownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
I doubt the kickstand is actually used as a heatsink, but with HTC, anything is possible. If it's getting that hot, I would proceed to the nearest sprint dealer or a hose, which ever appears first. But no, my kickstand is always cold. Like my wife.
Haha. ..umm. you and your wife doin alright?
Old 07-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Gatornator

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well if it's not a problem to you, then I wouldn't worry about it much. Sounds like the radio is doing more than it should..polling, etc. But it getting that hot could prematurely destroy the lifespan of the device.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Gatornator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmc7 View Post
Haha. ..umm. you and your wife doin alright?
Yeah, it's all good! We have a 9 month old and he is a pistol and we bicker back and forth. When she leaves for work, I text her telling her that I'm so miserable, It's almost as if she was here....
Old 07-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
My kickstand has never felt hot. Is the temp of your device unusually hot as well?
1, The device in general does not overheat
2. When did this thread get hijacked to discuss relationship issues?
Old 07-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
I searched, nothing so far found... Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Ok, there has been a thread about this already and it took me 30 seconds to find it. Not being smart but you did say to correct you if you were wrong.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=evo+hot

Old 07-10-2010, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My Kick stand never gets hot,and i live in Florida..Ive talked 2+ hours traveling from Jacksonville to Orlando at least 10 times sence getting this phone and the kick stand is never hot.

HTC EVO 4G

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G