PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva
Re: Any way to update Facebook contact pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
He meant to logout, not remove it. You should probably nandroid restore since that should be the only way to get it back for sure.

yea I said remove because in the accounts & sync, it says "remove account" an yes thats wut i meant sorry for the mix up ...an yeaaaa if u removed it completely u might wanna restore
Old 07-22-2010, 01:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gregjuice is a n00b

im getting "connection error" in people app sync
Old 07-22-2010, 01:29 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I usually just manually sync mine once a day... I used to leave it on auto sync but it would destroy my battery.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work

im on a stock rom no root or anything and having this issue .. i blame it on facebook personally lol
Old 07-22-2010, 04:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

VisPreludeVtec is a n00b

ive flashed 5 different roms and getting this connection error, must be facebook
Old 07-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOOO 4G!!!
Carrier: The Now Network

Shake-N-Bake is a n00b

its a server issue, should be fixed in a couple of hours hopefully...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
He meant to logout, not remove it. You should probably nandroid restore since that should be the only way to get it back for sure.

@GoodThings2Life, the widgets do not change with the sync program. You will have to take the people out of favorites and re add them to make the widget change with their profile pic.

My widget profile pics change just fine without me having to do that. Some pics auto update when person changes them (including in the favorites widget,) some don't. For the ones that don't I just logout and login again and they sync including the favorites widget.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

OMG, this has been driving me absolutely INSANE today! Have been cussing at FB and the phone all day and even hard reset once. Glad to know it's a server issue and not that I'm losing my mind... although it doesn't change the fact that the images do NOT stay synced properly, and no so-called logout resolution has properly or permanently fixed it. That's great for a one-time fix, but damn irritating to have to do it as frequently as you'd like them updated.

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 07-22-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

regulator207 is just getting started

look at syncmypix. it's in the market for free. Not only does it sync your phone contacts with their FB pics, it get's a higher resolution pic so the larger photo that shows up in the dialer looks much prettier.

I hated the fact the FB for htc sense only syncs low res pics. get the program i mentioned and you can even set a schedule for update.

hope it helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by regulator207 View Post
look at syncmypix. it's in the market for free. Not only does it sync your phone contacts with their FB pics, it get's a higher resolution pic so the larger photo that shows up in the dialer looks much prettier.

I hated the fact the FB for htc sense only syncs low res pics. get the program i mentioned and you can even set a schedule for update.

hope it helps.
I tried it a few weeks ago, and you're right about the higher res UNLESS your accounts are linked to GMail contacts, in which case you lose resolution. In any case, it screwed up my contact list several times because it chose contacts improperly. Meanwhile, my contacts on my Exchange account were high res, and the Gmail contacts went low res. Known issue, I guess, and was too much work to "fix" it, so I said to hell with it.

Besides, I'm more of a "fix" guy, not just workarounds.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G