PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: Any way to update Facebook contact pics?

Tried all the methods listed above and none will update contact pics. When I manually update contacts, I believe it just searches for new or deleted facebook contacts, but doesn't necessarily search and change picture when necessary.

Don't click me
Old 06-20-2010, 09:25 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
Tried all the methods listed above and none will update contact pics. When I manually update contacts, I believe it just searches for new or deleted facebook contacts, but doesn't necessarily search and change picture when necessary.
OK. This is going to sound really dumb, but I swear it is true. I was getting a weird error when I was removing some apps from the stock ROM. Trying to resolve the error, I think I read 1,000 threads all over the internets.

The error affected syncing and in one of the threads -- don't ask me which one -- a guy said he had issues syncing because he had an apostrophe in his name on his profile. He removed the apostrophe and it cleared his sync issues.

I had my middle initial on my profile name. I removed it. Yes, I thought it sounded stupid, but at the time I was trying everything.

It worked. I've had no issues syncing FB anymore and I do have one friend that changes her picture almost daily and it always updates.

Maybe this will help you, maybe not. I'm just throwing it out there.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 06-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Well in my case, no apostrophe's although I do understand why that can be a problem since Facebook is written in PHP and often variable strings are encased in " or '. Bad programming on the part of the sync app for not considering that.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Thought I'd bump this to see if a resolution has been found.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

I had the same problem with the sync. My problem was related to eBuddy(Instant Messenger). eBuddy used to lock me out of my FB all the time. FB thought it was a hacker. So I had to reset my FB account on my phone. To do that go into People and click the internet icon on the bottom and from there I re-entered my username and password. Now it works!

Dont know if that will fix your problem, but it worked for me. Everything syncs just fine including statuses.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

I had this issue too, I just removed my facebook account then simply re-added it. Its been accurate ever since.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:24 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Great... tried removing it, and now it won't let me resync the contacts at all... just says Connection Error and shows no friends at all.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

you cant sync contacts now? ...after you removed it an re-added it did u check to make sure the "sync contacts" box is checked?...its in accounts&sync> facebook for htc sense
Old 07-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

meredith.travis is a n00b

Same thing happened to me...removed facebook for htc sense, readded it and now cant resync contacts...connection error....somebody please have a fix!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:55 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

He meant to logout, not remove it. You should probably nandroid restore since that should be the only way to get it back for sure.

@GoodThings2Life, the widgets do not change with the sync program. You will have to take the people out of favorites and re add them to make the widget change with their profile pic.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G