PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

hoosier_droid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
One Major Evo Complaint

That is the small button on the top right center to turn the screen on and off. Aside from that, I am very pleased with this phone.

I had and still have an old iPhone which I love but finally just got totally fed up with the horrid AT&T network. I tried the Verizon Incredible. The screen was just enough smaller to cause lots of typing errors on the keyboard. Battery life was much worse than the Evo which doesn't make sense to me given the smaller screen. But it was.

I have been totally shocked at how much better the network is for Sprint. No dropped calls yet. Min dropped calls with Verizon but a ton of bad quality connections.

The Incredible's screen button was on the top left, was wider and longer than the Evo's. Very easy to use. I may be imagining things but it also seemed to "stick out" from the base of the case a bit further making it much easier to find and depress. The one on the Evo simply just sucks big time.

This likely isn't a deal breaker for me given all the other great attributes of the Evo and Sprint. But it is simply an incredibly poor mechanical design IMHO. I'm assuming there is no work around or way to fix this?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G/Epic 4G

NuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: One Major Evo Complaint

I think a lot of people here have gotten used to the "great" can never find it screen buttons from HTC. But to be fair they did make the volume buttons stand out so you can find them on a call.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:04 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

You get used to it. It took me a little over a week, but I don't have issues hitting it anymore.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

es101346 is keeping up the good workes101346 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to es101346

I'm a righty, but i usually handle my phone with my left hand for some reason. the right side power button works great for me =D
Old 06-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mine is I haven't figured out how to get a bj from it... If I could it could totally replace the gf. (Sorry I am tired and I had to say it... no phone is perfect).

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-16-2010, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G/Epic 4G

NuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
Mine is I haven't figured out how to get a bj from it... If I could it could totally replace the gf. (Sorry I am tired and I had to say it... no phone is perfect).
First you want to say nice things to it. Caress it in that special way then turn her over and...
Old 06-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuLLKiLL View Post
First you want to say nice things to it. Caress it in that special way then turn her over and...
May as well keep the GF in that case
Old 06-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo
Threadstarter

hoosier_droid is a n00b

Granted, no device is perfect. Given how good everything else is on this phone, thus far, this just seems incredibly out of place design wise. I have concerns longer term in the overall mechanical reliability as I don't have a lot of confidence in HTC as a manufacturer. I hope those are unfounded as overall, this is the best device I've ever used and I've been using cell phones for over 20 years now.

Konfusion, if you ever figure out that bj thing, please let me know. I'd file for a divorce the same day.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by es101346 View Post
I'm a righty, but i usually handle my phone with my left hand for some reason. the right side power button works great for me =D
And im a lefty so I also have no issues wit it lol....but to be honest i like this power button better than my TP2

Last edited by ddark4eva; 06-23-2010 at 01:23 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G