PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   HTC EVO Battery Drain Signal Fix (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124758)

rooster94 06-12-2010 11:57 AM

Re: HTC EVO Battery Drain Signal Fix

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileyd5 (Post 1808928)
Mine was gsm... go figure. Lol.

lol. Its ok, mine was set to GSM aswell. Too soon to tell whether or not this is going to help my battery life but since it was looking for a GSM network then I guess it certainly can't hurt. I don't understand why a phone that is capable of CDMA only would be preset to look for GSM networks, must have been an Android setting that someone overlooked. Or maybe Sprint is just confused about what type of network they have?

johnnychimpo 06-12-2010 12:11 PM

Re: Another battery life trick!!

Yes, the network app is the same thing. Thats fine, just continue with the procedures. it will force close a process and then you will see gsm. switch it back to cdma. All good now.

My phone said cdma auto prl when you first open the network app. . dont stop there when you see this.

phone at 87% now with just being on standby. Phone has been off charger since 630am

cmdauria 06-12-2010 01:06 PM

For those of you that have phones already saying CDMA, I would still follow the steps. There are lots of people reporting that when you tap on where it says CDMA it actually shows up as GSM.

I really am thinking this is the real deal. I too would normally have my phone drop to like 86% about 10 minutes after taking off of charge. My phone has been off of the charger for a little over 5 hours and my charge is still at 83%. So far so good

lipidfats 06-12-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnychimpo (Post 1810710)
Yes, the network app is the same thing. Thats fine, just continue with the procedures. it will force close a process and then you will see gsm. switch it back to cdma. All good now.

My phone said cdma auto prl when you first open the network app. . dont stop there when you see this.

phone at 87% now with just being on standby. Phone has been off charger since 630am

eh, i haven't changed anything and i'm at 2 hours 15 mins standby and my battery still has all green bars under battery settings. i think it'll still be at 90% by the time the 6hr mark comes through.

I was in the last 10% before going to sleep last night (kept getting low battery warnings) and when i woke up this morning after 7 hours of sleep my phone was still on. i was surprised that it didn't power down during that time.

I installed network and it says i have cdma auto (and i have not changed anything).

cmdauria 06-12-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 1810804)
eh, i haven't changed anything and i'm at 2 hours 15 mins standby and my battery still has all green bars under battery settings. i think it'll still be at 90% by the time the 6hr mark comes through.

I was in the last 10% before going to sleep last night (kept getting low battery warnings) and when i woke up this morning after 7 hours of sleep my phone was still on. i was surprised that it didn't power down during that time.

I installed network and it says i have cdma auto (and i have not changed anything).

Tap on CDMA and see what it says on the next screen. It may say GSM!

touch_rules 06-12-2010 01:26 PM

If it is really on gsm even though it says cdma then why is my time with out a signal at 0-3%

cmdauria 06-12-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touch_rules (Post 1810813)
If it is really on gsm even though it says cdma then why is my time with out a signal at 0-3%

That is not always the case...It is worth checking though!

lipidfats 06-12-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdauria (Post 1810808)
Tap on CDMA and see what it says on the next screen. It may say GSM!

why should i check or even mess with it? i'm getting the same standby times and battery drain results as u guys who say u have to change it anyway. if it aint broke don't fix it?

sec1rxg 06-12-2010 02:35 PM

I tryed the trick, mine was on GSM and changed to CDMA. Just for kicks i rebooted the phone to see if the change stuck, it did stay on CDMA when i checked it again. thanks

rjmjr69 06-12-2010 03:06 PM

Thanks Ill try it out