PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   HTC EVO Battery Drain Signal Fix (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124758)

lipidfats 06-12-2010 10:05 AM

Re: Another battery life trick!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock1909 (Post 1810520)
program called Network in the market that allows you to do this.

there seems to be many reviews for the network app saying it messed things up.... and the complaints seem to be coming from cdma users like the moment and evo hmm

themuffinman 06-12-2010 10:13 AM

No need to change anything since my evo already came set up like this. There is something else going on with these phones.

lipidfats 06-12-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1810577)
No need to change anything since my evo already came set up like this. There is something else going on with these phones.

i think they rushed it so they could get it out before the iphone 4 keynote. so many random bugs. i think most can be fixed through updates though. froyo please.

dumpringz 06-12-2010 10:18 AM

yea my phone is already set to this as well ... i tried this yesterday when sum1 else posted same info . i admit i sure as hek was hoping sumthin was set wrong and thats y my battery was draining ..... my phone been off the charger for 15 minutes today n im down to 90% like wtf .. i have settings set that claim to not drain the battery from many threads here & other sites but nothin works

johnnychimpo 06-12-2010 10:18 AM

Mine said cdma auto prl too until i did the next step and the service closed. Changed the GSM back to cdma and now my phone is not draining like crazy on standby. Follow all the steps even if you seed auto cdma at first. Been off the charger this morning since 0640 and im at 90%. First 10 mins drained to almost 90 before i did this procedure.

lipidfats 06-12-2010 10:30 AM

having it set to gsm by default sounds very strange... so strange that it makes me wonder if there is a reason they had it set that way? i wonder if there are any negative repercussions from changing these settings.

D/\SH 06-12-2010 11:02 AM

tried this and will report back with my results and findings after about 24 hours

BRIVERS73 06-12-2010 11:12 AM

I got the force close even though I was already on CDMA-PRL. After the force close I was switched back to GSM-PRL....

Fabulas 06-12-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdauria (Post 1810535)
Just do a search for the word Network...it should come right up.

Found it thanks!

lipidfats 06-12-2010 11:45 AM

so the network app is the exact same screen you get taken to if you entered the digits manually (or special app interface for that screen)? mine is cdma auto already.