PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

doox00 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
USB tether

Last thread was closed, I was asking about USB tethering, everyone linked and mentioned all the wifi tethering threads, I already have phone rooted and wifi tethering installed.. I am looking to USB tether though, I did a search for usb tether and did not find much unless I missed it.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: USB tether

everyone responded with WIFI tether, was not asking about wifi tether. I know out of the box the evo does not work with usb tether, was asking if there was a route to make it work. Found pdanet via google, I will look into that.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I noticed that the threads you were linked to in the original thread all pertained to WiFi tethering as well. Ah well. However, I think when you hook your computer to your phone via USB you will get a pop-up menu. Select internet sharing and it should work fine and without a subscription from Sprint.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I noticed that the threads you were linked to in the original thread all pertained to WiFi tethering as well. Ah well. However, I think when you hook your computer to your phone via USB you will get a pop-up menu. Select internet sharing and it should work fine and without a subscription from Sprint.

You get the pcs login failure message from sprint when you try that, you need the sprint monthly subscription to do that it seems.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sorry I must have misread your post. For USB tether use pdanet from the market, it is a paid app and it is confirmed working even non rooted.

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doox00 View Post
You get the pcs login failure message from sprint when you try that, you need the sprint monthly subscription to do that it seems.
Yeah, I just noticed it didn't work. Sorry bout that. Good luck with PDAnet
Old 06-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I guess there is also an app called easy tether that is cheaper than PDAnet.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i would go easy tether
Old 06-08-2010, 12:51 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
i would go easy tether
would you? really? so would I....lol

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO!!!
Carrier: sprint

Drac is becoming a great contributor

pdanet worked great when I tried it. just keep in mind that the free version does partially expire meaning ya can't go to secure sites (https) like paypal, bank sites, etc after the expiration, but you can still go to non secure sites (http).

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G