PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 03:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MMS isn't working on EVO.

I have not modified my Evo in any way so far...it is fresh out of the box.

Everytime I try to send a pic all I get is an error message saying "Unable to send message after multiple attempts - generic network error". This happens whether I open the pic and try to "share it" or if I am in a threaded SMS & try to "attach" a pic to that conversation. Either way the pic never goes through. Also, I cannot receive pics either.

When I first try to send the pic is says the pic is too large and it automatically resizes it. I dunno if this has anything to do with it. It resizes my 8mp picture to around 20kb.

I was sending/receiving pics just fine with my Diamond last week.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: MMS isn't working on EVO.

The only input I can add right now is that MMS is limited to 1mb on sprint. That said I HATE the auto re size on the Evo its too aggressive and the pictures come out pixalated.

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-08-2010, 03:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
The only input I can add right now is that MMS is limited to 1mb on sprint. That said I HATE the auto re size on the Evo its too aggressive and the pictures come out pixalated.
Ya it sucks. It automatically resizes the pic to around 20kb but it still won't go through...and I still can't receive pics.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:00 AM
N00b

konmo is just getting started

i was recieving and sending pics this morning and i tried it like 10 mins ago and now i cant send or recieve either, im getting the same message
Old 06-08-2010, 04:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Re: MMS isn't working on EVO.

Yeah unfortunately I don't have any input on a fix for you but I wanted to get in on this thread incase we can find a picture resize solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ben View Post
Ya it sucks. It automatically resizes the pic to around 20kb but it still won't go through...and I still can't receive pics.

Sent from my HTC Evo using tapatalk
Old 06-08-2010, 04:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Ok I just tested MMS on my phone and same message, so some problem on sprints end.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:05 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
Ok I just tested MMS on my phone and same message, so some problem on sprints end.

lol sorry about that but i feel so much better, i thought it was just me having this problem. haha see THIS is why i love ppcgeeks
Old 06-08-2010, 04:13 AM
N00b

just tried it again and it seems to be working now
Old 06-08-2010, 04:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hTc HERO

stealth919 is just getting started

The resize issue is a stupid 2.1 thing. My hero on 1.5 didn't have resize now on 2.1 it does drastic resize also with no adjustment and no way to turn it off. I use Handcent SMS and it does good just resizes enough to fit under 1meg. Also now that I have 2.1 my camera really sucks still trying to figure that one out. My regular mms wasn't going through tonight either, not sure if it did on Handcent but I know it is still a better sms program even after the, what 4th level of Android on Sprint...hmm. Both seem to send through now must have been a Sprint thing but still bad about the resize thing.

Last edited by stealth919; 06-08-2010 at 05:06 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G