PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 06:36 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Try this screen test with your EVO and report back

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefli View Post
I've read a lot of comments like yours suggesting user error, but If you saw the video in the first post you'd see what we're talking about. There is no doubt a problem with the EVO's in the video and some of Our's in this forum. Slow, fast, touch and hold, nothing works until you touch it with both hands. Plain and simple. I don't want to sound harsh or pointed, but the directions to verify this are simply to put the EVO on a non conductive surface, touch it at the top to roll down the curtain with just one finger. There should be nothing touching except the surface it is resting on and your one finger. If yours works, great. Obviously for some of us it doesn't. It would be intersting to know what batch these phones are from, but regardless the inconsistency is not our fingers but the EVO. There was even a post by someone who compared to EVO's side by side and one worked and one didn't.
I understand what you guys are saying because I've duplicated it, but ONLY by not having the notification bar drop down and clicking the clock instead or something. However, when I accurately start my finger on the notification bar and drag down in a normal speed, it never happens.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

srtpusher is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappy0869 View Post
OK, I just tried some tests on various surfaces: plastic, fabric and styrofoam. The top half of the screen either does not respond or it takes multiple taps to make things happen, including dragging down the notification bar. However, it only seems to affect the top half of the screen. The bottom half works as it should.

As soon as I put my other hand on the device, everything works fine.
i had one that i was setting up that did this, i hard reset and it seemed to go away... will keep an eye out for it.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

teddat is just getting started

when device is off and i hold down volume down and power on, the screen lists:

SUPERSONIC EVT2-2 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-079.0000
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-1.39.00.04.26
Apr 14 2010 15:41:34

Can those with and without issues list the above as well. Trying to ascertain if there's any correlations.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Also I just hard reset. same thing.
I placed a call to sprint and a supervisor's manager is going to call me back in the next day or so.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Mine works fine on wooden and mattress surfaces.
In fact this is a pimp device to just lay back on the bed with and surf the web.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

One thing I can say is that if grounding was the issue then every person who bought the rubber case from Sprint would be having issues. Not saying you not having problems just saying that its not because the devices needs grounding.

Droidrox39
Old 06-08-2010, 09:32 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddat View Post
when device is off and i hold down volume down and power on, the screen lists:

SUPERSONIC EVT2-2 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-079.0000
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-1.39.00.04.26
Apr 14 2010 15:41:34

Can those with and without issues list the above as well. Trying to ascertain if there's any correlations.
I have no issues and everything on mine is the same except the radio (I did the OTA update)

My radio is 1.39.00.05.31

Maybe it was an issue the OTA fixed?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thx cica. It's not the ota radio. Talked to some colleagues.. same issues
Old 06-08-2010, 09:47 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddat View Post
Thx cica. It's not the ota radio. Talked to some colleagues.. same issues
Well it's obviously not the radio. I'm wondering if they fixed something and packaged the fix up in the update. Did your colleagues do the update?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

I have noticed this issue when using a third part USB charger. I hadn't thought it was a grounding issue, but I tried to duplicate the issue here. I had no issues on wood desk or on a stack of papers. Then I saw someone mention styrofoam and I happened to have a stack of styrofoam bowls at my desk. I flipped one over, placed my phone on top of it and tried again. Sure enough I have the laggy issue and inability to pull the notification bar down. Very strange indeed.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G