PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   FULL FLASH on the Evo (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123845)

newone757 06-06-2010 03:03 AM

FULL FLASH on the Evo

1 Attachment(s)
Edit:::Welp, pretty much confirmed this is not working right now, still using flash lite. Go figure *madface

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install the apk and restart phone.

Ive only tested with the default browser so far. Playin games on the full miniclip right now, long press flash content to go fullscreen

via
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=16

all credits to OP^^^^^^^^^^

D\/8 06-06-2010 11:30 AM

Re: FULL FLASH on the Evo

Downloading now... Will test and report back... Thanks!!!!

rigo 06-06-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newone757 (Post 1795840)
Install the apk and restart phone.

Ive only tested with the default browser so far. Playin games on the full miniclip right now, long press flash content to go fullscreen

via
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=16

all credits to OP^^^^^^^^^^

sorry for the ignorance but this is just like a .cab file?

WarChild 06-06-2010 11:49 AM

Anyone try it yet

CE

Scotty_Two 06-06-2010 11:53 AM

definitely works, very awesome! although i wouldn't recommend keeping flash on all the time as the browser speed slows down considerably; just turn it on when you want to use it.

WarChild 06-06-2010 11:58 AM

What's different than what's alredy on it? What's the benefit?

CW

Scotty_Two 06-06-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChild (Post 1796202)
What's different than what's alredy on it? What's the benefit?

this installs Flash 10.1 which replaces Flash Lite. before i wasn't able to do anything really that required flash, now i can.

i mostly want it to watch videos on Vimeo, which i can now. although Vimeo automatically starts the player in HD so videos run choppy and for some reason when turning the HD off, the video wont play anymore.

WarChild 06-06-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty_Two (Post 1796213)
this installs Flash 10.1 which replaces Flash Lite. before i wasn't able to do anything really that required flash, now i can.

i mostly want it to watch videos on Vimeo, which i can now. although Vimeo automatically starts the player in HD so videos run choppy and for some reason when turning the HD off, the video wont play anymore.

I haven't had any problem watching anything yet but i dont want to switch just to have issues. Is it worth it?

kgbcapthowdy 06-06-2010 12:07 PM

I tried to load CNN videos and nothing happened. said thisbisntvsupported. Isvthere a settingbi have to enable that i didnt see

Scotty_Two 06-06-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChild (Post 1796219)
I haven't had any problem watching anything yet but i dont want to switch just to have issues. Is it worth it?

I guess i didn't try to do to many things with Flash before so I'm not sure of the quality difference. but it's just a standard app so you can try it out and if you don't like it you can just uninstall it and revert back. I'd say give a a try and see what you think.

Scotty_Two 06-06-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy (Post 1796222)
I tried to load CNN videos and nothing happened. said thisbisntvsupported. Isvthere a settingbi have to enable that i didnt see

make sure the load flash option is checked in the browser settings and then reload the page.

D\/8 06-06-2010 12:18 PM

Not working for me... Tried to load up a couple of flash games and it was a no go... I have only had them working on WinMo using skyfire...

arsmithsr 06-06-2010 12:20 PM

skyfire does support flash i have seen it do some but haven't tested it a great deal i use dolphin most of the time if i want flash i use the skyfir i haven't really tried the default browser much. skyfire does have a button to push for watching flash so it doesn't show up in the browser.

Scotty_Two 06-06-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D\/8 (Post 1796242)
Not working for me... Tried to load up a couple of flash games and it was a no go... I have only had them working on WinMo using skyfire...

i restarted my phone right after i installed it. have you tried that?

clockcycle 06-06-2010 12:38 PM

Tried to download and the phone would not let me. Unsupported..

Dragon2 06-06-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clockcycle (Post 1796291)
Tried to download and the phone would not let me. Unsupported..

Turn on allow downloads other than market in settings? And also settings in astro?

D\/8 06-06-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty_Two (Post 1796255)
i restarted my phone right after i installed it. have you tried that?

Yep... I found another flash game site that did work so maybe not all flash site are supported...

Dragon2 06-06-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsmithsr (Post 1796248)
skyfire does support flash i have seen it do some but haven't tested it a great deal i use dolphin most of the time if i want flash i use the skyfir i haven't really tried the default browser much. skyfire does have a button to push for watching flash so it doesn't show up in the browser.

Skyfire on android doesn't play as much stuff as the windows version. Sadly. Luckily though I got 10.1 That plays everything. I hated skyfire cause of that on Android ..

mrpigg 06-06-2010 12:54 PM

this is awesome. will definitely try this once i get an evo that actually works

jordant2 06-06-2010 01:21 PM

Worked at first then stopped working. All videos show a triangle with an exclamation now. If I select them it says flash content not supported. Yes I have flash enabled in the settings. Going to reset and try again.

kgbcapthowdy 06-06-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordant2 (Post 1796388)
Worked at first then stopped working. All videos show a triangle with an exclamation now. If I select them it says flash content not supported. Yes I have flash enabled in the settings. Going to reset and try again.

thats what i get, cept mine never worked in the first place

RockSta® 06-06-2010 03:25 PM

Anyone tried hulu site with this yet?

newone757 06-06-2010 03:44 PM

yea its a little sketchy right now.

I t did let me stream The Boondocks beautifully from some divx streaming site last night though. Not sure If I'll keep it or not, does seem to be a battery killer right now.

its cool to try out though, cant wait for froyo to be fully functional (because you get to pick and choose which flash content displays, to block ads, and save battery life)

------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:::Welp, pretty much confirmed this is not working right now, still using flash lite. Go figure *madface

WarChild 06-06-2010 06:21 PM

WOW Im glad I didnt install this.

CW

newone757 06-06-2010 06:58 PM

It's no biggie, 3 seconds to uninstall and everything is normal. No damage done at all

clockcycle 06-07-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon2 (Post 1796305)
Turn on allow downloads other than market in settings? And also settings in astro?

Yeap, checked "Unknown sources", but didn't make any settings in Astro.

-CC

clockcycle 06-07-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockSta® (Post 1796648)
Anyone tried hulu site with this yet?

Froyo 2.2 using Adobe Flash 10.1 requires changing a setting to "desktop" and people report to be able to watch the commercials, didn't read into it further than that though..

-CC

lil_wayne99 06-07-2010 02:31 AM

any one tried this with farmville on facebook?

FastRX8 06-07-2010 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rigo (Post 1796168)
sorry for the ignorance but this is just like a .cab file?

Sort of...

APK is the android equivalent of CAB files.

You place the APK on your SDCard and use a file explorer program to install it.

uc4life 06-07-2010 02:42 PM

You have to enable the java engine under settings and change to desktop view. Then all should be well

D\/8 06-07-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil_wayne99 (Post 1798003)
any one tried this with farmville on facebook?

I tried Treasure Island and it didn't work. Funny thing is, on WinMo it worked with Skyfire but on Android nothing works with facebook games.

w7excursion 06-07-2010 05:09 PM

It will work someday.

nico4k 06-07-2010 06:27 PM

If there was a way to disable this darn HTC flash player? No one has cared to figure it out yet. Argggg

lil_wayne99 06-07-2010 07:04 PM

thanx yea i use to play on my touch pro with skyfire but farmville stopped letting me except gifts on the phone, havent tried in a over a few months now. thanx for the reply

clockcycle 06-08-2010 05:41 PM

Man, I am loving being able to load up flash sites. Vimeo, anime sites etc so much fun, not to mention the wow factor and the fun while showing others the phone's capabilities ;)

-CC

P.s. Just need me a flash ads blocker for the browser now haha...

tillieray 06-08-2010 06:34 PM

need help, i cant installed it...

yang88she 06-08-2010 06:36 PM

bookmarked to read and implement

dru28 06-08-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clockcycle (Post 1802074)
Man, I am loving being able to load up flash sites. Vimeo, anime sites etc so much fun, not to mention the wow factor and the fun while showing others the phone's capabilities ;)

-CC

P.s. Just need me a flash ads blocker for the browser now haha...

what settings are you using and what anime sites work because kumby doesnt

SunnyGeek 06-08-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsmithsr (Post 1796248)

I've been trying to use Skyfire but its not working as well as I thought it would. Has some difficulty loading videos.

cjmedina 06-08-2010 09:56 PM

I installed it but havent got it to work I get thst yellow Triangle. Changed my setting go desktop