PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Can you wait for the EVO with a 1.5 ghz processor?
HELL NO! 43 55.84%
Yep 21 27.27%
I cant read, but clicked this because im smarter than you. 8 10.39%
Patience is a virtue, that I can live without. 9 11.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Munroe is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is EVO THE BEST? (MUST READ)

Anyone heard of the HTC Scorpion, the supposed EVO 1 up'r thats going to have a 1.5 ghz dual core snapdragon processor???!

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...=Google+Reader

The main page of ppc geeks already talks about the release of the chip from qualcomm... was wondering if anyone will actually wait to see if something better than the Evo comes out 30 days after it!

I sure as hell wont be waiting. lol

myspace.com/munroemusic
www.AmericaNationwide.com

Last edited by Munroe; 06-02-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

biscodude is becoming a great contributor
Re: Is EVO THE BEST? (MUST READ)

We'll be lucky if devices with that chip ship by the 1st quarter of next year. The current snapdragon chip started shipping about this time last year if I recall correctly.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munroe View Post
Anyone heard of the HTC Scorpion, the supposed EVO 1 up'r thats going to have a 1.5 ghz dual core snapdragon processor???!

The main page of ppc geeks already talks about the release of the chip from qualcomm... was wondering if anyone will actually wait to see if something better than the Evo comes out 30 days after it!

I sure as hell wont be waiting. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscodude View Post
We'll be lucky if devices with that chip ship by the 1st quarter of next year. The current snapdragon chip started shipping about this time last year if I recall correctly.

Qualcomm ships first dual-core Snapdragon chipsets clocking 1.2GHz

article is from today and these probably wont make it into to many phones this year so you may be waiting awhile for 1.5ghz (without overclocking i mean )

Last edited by redd214; 06-01-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

yougivemerash!!! is just getting started

No way it will come out that soon...probably beginning of 2011. I know I'll be happy with my EVO at least for a year and half. I just hope the new chipsets aren't power hungry and run cool.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Who cares the point is the evo is the baddest phone right now that will actually be available in a couple of days. Whats the point of holding out for the next best thing? The next best thing will always be right around the corner. If I had that mentality I will probably still be using my startac from back in the day still telling myself I will wait.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

entropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good work

The Scorpion will be a 1.5Ghz (though I heard single core) snapdragon running Windows Phone 7 for Sprint. Should be out in about 4 months.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropism View Post
The Scorpion will be a 1.5Ghz (though I heard single core) snapdragon running Windows Phone 7 for Sprint. Should be out in about 4 months.
source???
Old 06-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Who cares the point is the evo is the baddest phone right now that will actually be available in a couple of days. Whats the point of holding out for the next best thing? The next best thing will always be right around the corner. If I had that mentality I will probably still be using my startac from back in the day still telling myself I will wait.
I agree. Always sumthin better in the future, and that is a GOOD thing. Imagine if they got WORSE as time when on. We are spoiled by electronics. Unlike say.. gas and housing.. Electronics .. they get better and cheaper.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:27 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yea and then if Sprint gets it they will charg you $20 extra per month...lol

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jhanson999 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
The next best thing will always be right around the corner.
Exactly.... true in all forms of electronics. If you wait for the best, you'll never have anything.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G