PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE
Carrier: Sprint

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up My thoughts on the Keyboard

So i was playing with my pop's incredible and the keyboard (On landscape mode) was so easy to type with wrote about a paragraph with no mistakes other them my spelling. seeing that the evo is going to have a bigger screen i think this keyboard is going to be perfect and eliminate my need for a physical keyboard Shhhhh even on portrait mode was easy to type with

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: My thoughts on the Keyboard

I guess, i really like the idea someone said about a transparent kb, that would be really nice.

But ive ben practicing with my tp2 in landscape and im pretty good on that even tho its resistive and much smaller. TBH, i really just want a keyboard for games and emulators, theres just nothing like push feedback on the old school roms. Lets just say that oneday there is a N64 emu for android, i cant imagine the controls on the evo

And the incredible is an awesome phone! i played with it to ready my self for this one and wow, i cannot wait to own a snapdragon !!
Old 05-25-2010, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

crownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyscoAssassinx View Post
So i was playing with my pop's incredible and the keyboard (On landscape mode) was so easy to type with wrote about a paragraph with no mistakes other them my spelling. seeing that the evo is going to have a bigger screen i think this keyboard is going to be perfect and eliminate my need for a physical keyboard Shhhhh even on portrait mode was easy to type with=D>

do landscape mode work when txting if u flip it to the side ?
Old 05-25-2010, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo-lution

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work

Just hopes the snapdragon eliminates the keyboard lag i had with my Hero. Drove me nuts even with a custom Rom
Old 05-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE
Threadstarter

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Yea it went to landscape mode really snappy too
Old 05-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Get Swype...your best friend...I know I'm getting that download...plus...yes the keys on the keyboard are bigger...and from what I could tell the lag is gone.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

People who came from the TP2 are saying they can type on it great and that there's no need to worry about the lack of hw keyboard.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 05-26-2010, 01:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
People who came from the TP2 are saying they can type on it great and that there's no need to worry about the lack of hw keyboard.
That's a BIG negative, Ghostrider.

I've tried the EVO keyboard. It sucks. It's no replacement for a hardware KB.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
I too must disagree with this statement. There is no substitute for a keyboard / thumb-board, especially the quality keyboard on the TP2. Besides the tactile feedback of the physical keys, there are two issues I've been struggling with on the EVO.
The first is that it requires too much space on the screen. Ex:
On the TP2, I can see more than a few lines of the text I'm writing (making it easier to review what I'm writing while I'm writing it.)
Being able to use the entire screen also allows me to reference the email I'm responding to.
The second is that while I'm typing (thumbing), my thumbs never actually leave the keys. The feel of the keys allows me to find my way around the keyboard without looking at it (for the most part). With the onscreen keyboard I must peck at the screen. With the added bonus of putting even more fingerprints on the screen (a pet peeve.)

To each their own, and I admit that I'll probably stick with the EVO (too early to tell just yet), but the lack of a physical keyboard is a major disadvantage. That said, if including a physical keyboard would increase the thickness of the EVO even one mm, it would not be worth it (the EVO is at the absolute size limit, perhaps even a little over, of what I'm willing to accept). I've been looking for my stowaway keyboard (I know it's around here somewhere) to see how it would work for times (like on airplane or at a desk) where mobility is not a factor.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:59 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

screen's are for output, and while it's handy to be ABLE to use them for input too, their primary funtion is output.

so it's got hdmi right.. like I really want to see a keyboard on my big tv...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G