PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 04:58 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: $10 is really bothering you? Check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokenwordd View Post
All I know is this... I currently live in Jacksonville, FL [don't ask] and we were not originally on the list but suddenly the news dropped that we are getting 4G via Sprint, Clearwire and Comcast by August.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content...u6A.cspx?rss=1

Jus' sayin'....

Sprint and EVO making my life a little more tech blissyish...
USN?
Yeaaaa 4g coming to Daytone..haha

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post

but then it brings up the argument why should i pay for a service i don't have yet and yes i'd get it eventually but charging me for it is tantamount to an interest free loan, except its not even a loan because its not like i'll get my money back
In practical terms, why would ppl even purchase a phone without 4g?
The $10 shouldn't affect you because you wouldn't even be considering it until it comes to your town.

I mean if ppl are going to throw network, data caps & bandwidth around, why even bother if it's not in your town?

K.I.S.S
Old 05-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Who gives a crap if T-Mobile's coverage map is as large as Verizon's? The only thing that matters is it T-Mobile has coverage where you need it. And for the vast majority of America, T-Mobile coverage is fine. If you live in a decent sized city, T-Mobile probably has coverage there.

On the flip side, Sprint doesn't have 4G coverage hardly anywhere. I don't see how you can justify Sprint charging everyone for 4G, and in the same post say T-Mobile coverage is a joke.

T-Mobile has more HSPA+ coverage than Sprint has Wimax coverage.
They're not charging the $10 for 4G. They're charging $10 for the simple fact that the Evo is such a multimedia extensive and capable device, that they're charging the $10 to help w/ the fact that they're most likely going to see a HUGE boom in data usage when people use the HTC Evo than when they use other devices. Right now, I do BARELY any web browsing on my TP2 or use too many other applications because they tend to load slowly, or are far from perfect. I love my Tp2, don't get me wrong. But give me the hardware of the HTC Evo 4g, and I can almost promise you i'll just about quadruple (if not more) the amount of data I use in a month. Sprint's just setting a buffer.

If you don't like the $10 fee, don't get the Evo. At least, that's my motto. My plan plus the $10 is still best value for what I get vs any other company in the united states.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
You seem to be just making this up as you go along, and then pretending it's really my argument. Straw man...

Sprint isn't perfect, and if I don't immediately leave them then it makes me an abused spuse? LOL, whatever man. I'm not a fanboy. I don't have to pretend something is absolutely perfect in every imaginable way to support it.
I'm also not a hypocrite either.
What's that saying: All hat, no cattle = sounds familar to what you've been spewing.

"Sprint's network is slow vs. TMob"
"HSPA+ is faster but I am still going to stick to SPCS cause I luv the handset even though they are charging me a $10/mos fee"

Yeah, lets just bash SPCS 4 out of 5 things & bendover whining. Soooowheeeeeyyy.
Abused.

Last edited by Q_Q; 05-18-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
My question is can anybody find those articles where they said they were turning on more 4g cities that particular day?
*bump*

I know this thread is moving fast because of the heated conversation but i had to bump this.
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
*bump*

I know this thread is moving fast because of the heated conversation but i had to bump this.
no but i can find you an article that says they wont charge me more for 4g. lol (hey just helping throw gas on the fire and bump your question)
Old 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool2269 View Post
no but i can find you an article that says they wont charge me more for 4g. lol (hey just helping throw gas on the fire and bump your question)
I know you're trying to throw gas on the fire, honestly i don't care i actually like to argue. but i think these cities will be turned on on launch day. While these should have it by the end of the year, you have to click on 4g cities at the bottom.

Last edited by p-slim; 05-18-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q View Post
I'm also not a hypocrite either.
What's that saying: All hat, no cattle = sounds familar to what you've been spewing.

"Sprint's network is slow vs. TMob"
"HSPA+ is faster but I am still going to stick to SPCS cause I luv the handset even though they are charging me a $10/mos fee"

Yeah, lets just bash SPCS 4 out of 5 things & bendover whining. Soooowheeeeeyyy.
Abused.
T-Mobile's HSPA+ IS faster than Sprint's Wimax. So? Does that mean I HAVE to go with T-Mobile, even though they don't have a phone I want?

In case you missed it, I made it clear- if T-Mobile had a phone I wanted I would have absolutely no problem going with them. I used to say the same thing about Sprint back when I had AT&T. Then Sprint got the TP2 and I switched to them.

You have to be some kind of retard if you honestly can't understand this. Sprint is not perfect. They have many flaws, in fact. But that certainly doesn't make me spineless, an abused spouse, or a hypocrite for using them when they have the phone I want.

Now if I was on Sprint using an old PPC-6700 talking about how much I would rather have a Nexus One, then you'd have a point. But I have said all along, T-Mobile doesn't have a phone I want right now. Even their Touch Pro 2 was the crappiest one out of all the carriers. The Nexus One and HD2 are okay spec wise, but without a keyboard I can't consider either one of them. But I have Sprint right now, so obviously I am not against considering Sprint either.

Your problem is you have that fanboy mentality. You seem to be saying that Sprint HAS to be 100% in every imaginable way, and if I say 1 good thing about any other carrier- even if it's an undisputable fact, then I am spineless for not immediately leaving Sprint. LOL, whatever man.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:16 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Did the raise it when you switched to the TP2....nope but if you get the evo and then get rid of it they will take it off.

CW

They tried to Raise mine when I called to get a Touch Pro 2. I had a Diamond on the 450 talk + $15 data. Called Sprint about upgrading to a TP2 and they said I would have to add the $30 pro data plan. I said no thanks. They wouldn't let you sign up with the $15 one, not sure if they even let you sign up with a TP2 on anything other than an Everything Plan now.

In the end I didn't believe it, since sero users could have a TP2. I bought one from a friend and Low and Behold it activated online on my plan!

Different story with the EVO though. Sort of like if I tried to activate an Android phone on my plan I think it wouldn't activate.. Although I haven't tried so I can't say for sure.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:21 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
They tried to Raise mine when I called to get a Touch Pro 2. I had a Diamond on the 450 talk + $15 data. Called Sprint about upgrading to a TP2 and they said I would have to add the $30 pro data plan. I said no thanks. They wouldn't let you sign up with the $15 one, not sure if they even let you sign up with a TP2 on anything other than an Everything Plan now.

In the end I didn't believe it, since sero users could have a TP2. I bought one from a friend and Low and Behold it activated online on my plan!

Different story with the EVO though. Sort of like if I tried to activate an Android phone on my plan I think it wouldn't activate.. Although I haven't tried so I can't say for sure.
LMAO I cant blame you I would of had to pass on that charge too, man

CW

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G