PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Who here is waiting on the EVO v2 with a keyboard and better specs? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117422)

tool2269 04-08-2010 04:23 PM

Re: Who here is waiting on the EVO v2 with a keyboard and better specs?

EVO with a keyboard? My tp2 is already big enough. I cant imagine the size of the EVO with a keyboard attached.

plus now that I have swype on the tp2, I hardly find the need for the keyboard anymore

Biggzz 04-08-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetBearCub (Post 1688092)
While the EVO is certainly a gorgeous device (and my inner nerd wants it NOW!), who here is going to hold off a bit and wait for version 2 with a hardware keyboard similar to the Touch Pro 2, a tilting screen, a 1.5 Ghz Snapdragon processor, and possibly other desirable upgrades?

The screen is ginormous. I need no keyboard and besides I am not waiting.:headbang:

PhyscoAssassinx 04-08-2010 06:56 PM

if i feel like i need a keyboard ill just transfer the service back to my TP2 and vice versa

piscesjoey 04-08-2010 07:16 PM

Ya'll must haven't played with a HD2 yet to see how super easy and accurate it is to type on that big screen, let alone using Swype on it.

SweetBearCub 04-08-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BALiens (Post 1688657)
Ya'll must haven't played with a HD2 yet to see how super easy and accurate it is to type on that big screen, let alone using Swype on it.

That's as maybe but I simply do not wish to type with an on-screen keyboard as my only decent option. I enjoy having a more than decent hardware keyboard available when I want it, and unlike a BT keyboard, it's not a seperate device I have to remember to charge and not forget it at home. The integrated hardware keyboard is always with me and always available, which is a very nice option to have.

For those that do not mind using an on-screen keyboard, great. EVO v1 is for you, and I hope you enjoy the crap out of it. Personally, I'll wait on v2 with a hardware keyboard.

deseagle07 04-08-2010 07:29 PM

yall crazy for wanting a hardware keyboard, yall drink toooo much coffee and it got yall hands shaking bad enough to not push accurately on an onscreen keyboard, lol

davidetkin511 04-08-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetBearCub (Post 1688678)
That's as maybe but I simply do not wish to type with an on-screen keyboard as my only decent option. I enjoy having a more than decent hardware keyboard available when I want it, and unlike a BT keyboard, it's not a seperate device I have to remember to charge and not forget it at home. The integrated hardware keyboard is always with me and always available, which is a very nice option to have.

For those that do not mind using an on-screen keyboard, great. EVO v1 is for you, and I hope you enjoy the crap out of it. Personally, I'll wait on v2 with a hardware keyboard.

how do you know there will be a version 2? if there is i doubt it will have a keyboard, most of the new touch phones being made are all touch.

its not like the tp1 didnt have a keyboard and the tp2 did
if the device doesnt have a keyboard on v1 most likely it never will

SweetBearCub 04-08-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidetkin511 (Post 1688730)
how do you know there will be a version 2? if there is i doubt it will have a keyboard, most of the new touch phones being made are all touch.

its not like the tp1 didnt have a keyboard and the tp2 did
if the device doesnt have a keyboard on v1 most likely it never will

I have no way of knowing that there will be a v2.

However, I do believe that there will eventually be a version with a keyboard, as HTC is not known to exclusively make touch only devices. The G1, the first Android handset, had a keyboard. The 6600, 6700, 6800, Touch Pro, and Touch Pro 2 had a keyboard. Numerous other HTC devices that I cannot specifically recall all have a keyboard. With each hardware iteration, HTC becomes better and better at designing usable keyboards.

I highly doubt they will simply shelve that expertise and leave that market un-served.

yougivemerash!!! 04-08-2010 09:16 PM

Everything is moving towards touchscreen. It's not just a fad, it's here to stay. A device like this is NOT going to be released with a keyboard IMO.

Want a tactile feel? They're just going to add haptic feedback to it. Haptic technology will keep improving, and we'll see less and less physical keypads.

In a few years, we'll probably have sliders with dual screens- one to serve as the keyboard with haptic feedback- that's where I predict it will go. :mrgreen:

losplatanos 04-08-2010 10:42 PM

well the device is not even out yet, lol wow, from being with sprint a while, at end of the year something will come out to replace the tp2 that should be the next big thing most likely the screen wont be as big because of the extra hardware it will very heavy but the tp2 only needs 4 things to be perfect....a flash, better camera, and better processor and ram.......thats how it been with the ppc 6700 , 6800, tp1, tp3 etc........touch, diamond, etc