PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

davenukem is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking This thing can't come soon enough!

Going to be honest, i'm dying here. Every day I come home and google HTC EVO 4g, hoping that a specific date is coming.

From what I understand, May is going to be the preorder month (anybody actually KNOW this or is this speculation) at Best-Buy. I intend to do it as soon as it becomes available to do so.

Also, I'm going to be coming from the Pre, i saw the pinch in sense 2.1 to show all screens but does this work for apps as well??? Just curious, if so the multi tasking of android would rival that of the Pre.

So is anybody in the same boat as me, dying for this phone!?!?!?!?!?

P.S. I feel Sprint could totally milk this. Maybe release daily videos up to a specified release date to build help. Something along the lines of "Evolving with the Evo" which shows a guy using the Evo for a ton of different every day tasks. Would help the phone addicts like me!
Old 04-01-2010, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Krazy4Real is just getting started
Re: This thing can't come soon enough!

I'm in the same boat. I cannot wait for this phone to be released. I'm still rocking the original touch. Solid phone, but it's definitely showing its age. The word is that it is going to be released the first week of June, which would make sense with a May preorder. Only time will tell.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

uhhh i have 400 in the bank waiting and i have my premier upgrade waiting aswell
Old 04-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I already removed my wife's extra kidney (she wasn't using it anyway) and am meeting a guy tonight to sell it for $500... unless someone here can get me any more chedda for the deal.

Last edited by rainfreak; 04-01-2010 at 11:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:53 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I already remoed my wife's extra kidney and am meeting a guy tonight to sell it for $500...
lol, great idea plus my girls got a sister than has a''extra'''one also.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:17 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
I already removed my wife's extra kidney (she wasn't using it anyway) and am meeting a guy tonight to sell it for $500... unless someone here can get me any more chedda for the deal.
Don't things like this belong in bargain trader section..plus we need pictures and blood type and etc..oh and condition...lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-01-2010, 12:28 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well I'm going to wait until I'm eligible for an upgrade in Jan, unbeknownst to me I'm eligible for a yearly upgrade
and I just got my Moment!! HA HA

Hopefully by that time there will be a drop in price too

Rain how dare you cut into your wife to get a kidney, don't you have a kid to sell instead? HA HA
Old 04-01-2010, 12:34 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Is she a smoker? just askin.....
Old 04-01-2010, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

How many threads we will see started that will be about not being able to wait for this device?
Old 04-01-2010, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
How many threads we will see started that will be about not being able to wait for this device?
All of them.

To the OP: The pinch to zoom on the home screen is just to see all 7 home screens. It's not like the open programs, or "cards" in the WebOS. I'm assuming you will hold down the Home button, and you will see your other open and/or recently run programs.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
4g, evo, hype, sprint