PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

ecker is keeping up the good workecker is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question remove clock from notification bar-how do i?

tried searching around here-- can't find out how. i don't want to theme my whole evo--just remove the clock. saying that, i still couldn't even find a theme that removes just the clock.

i just want to remove the digital clock from the top notification bar.

anyone know how or could point me in the right direction? i have a big clock on homescreen i'd rather use then the little clock on top.

thanks
Old 07-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909
Re: remove clock from notification bar-how do i?

im pretty sure its an .xml edit...just not exactly sure where, sorry.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Re: remove clock from notification bar-how do i?

You will need to be rooted to do this. The only place I've seen where you can remove the clock from the status bar is with Cyanogen based roms. I have the most recent CM6 (android 2.2) rom loaded on my phone, and I have that option. I haven't seen this on any other rooted roms, however.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods

Tags
clock, notification bar, remove clock