PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Desk USB Docking Station

Just found this on ebay... it looks promising.
This would be really nice for my desk at work!
$21.99 free shipping

No hdmi out, but I would only need it to charge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CRADLE-SYNC-...ht_1227wt_1138

Last edited by slow4g63; 07-13-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: updated link with cheaper price
Old 07-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Desk USB Docking Station

There's quite a few of these types of "cradles" out there. My only concern after having played with a few of the cables that were OEM, none would even register charging the Evo.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
There's quite a few of these types of "cradles" out there. My only concern after having played with a few of the cables that were OEM, none would even register charging the Evo.
same here with the cables... I would imagine this one should work fine though just because it is specifically for the evo!
Old 07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I thought that too with a few cables that said this, but they weren't compatible with the evo because the evo failed to recognize them and went so far as when you plugged them in, wouldn't charge the device at all.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How complex can one of these docks really be. In reality all they really are is just a USB cable extended. They dont need to do anything else but mimic a male USB tip. Should it interfere with the charging and syncing of our Evo's?

I personally have no interest in anyone of these docks but it did just spark my interest that these docks would give any type of problem.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
I thought that too with a few cables that said this, but they weren't compatible with the evo because the evo failed to recognize them and went so far as when you plugged them in, wouldn't charge the device at all.
I had the same results when I tried ordering mini-usb to micro-usb knockoff adapters plus 2 cheap micro-usb cables for some LG phone. None of these worked on my phone. The amber LED would light for about 2 seconds then go off.
I have never ordered a cable that has said it's for the evo.
I am assuming it has something to do with the wiring... I just cut a cheap cable apart and there is 4 wires:

I am wondering if the better quality cables have 5 wires??

Last edited by slow4g63; 07-15-2010 at 08:54 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories