PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Screen Protectors Thread

Well, I am another victim of screen water damage from the water/soap solution!!

I *did not* apply the solution directly to the phone, only to the back of the protector and to my fingers. As I squeegeed the water I soaked it up in the corners with a shammy towel.

Ugh...
Old 06-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post

I *did not* apply the solution directly to the phone, only to the back of the protector and to my fingers. As I squeegeed the water I soaked it up in the corners with a shammy towel.

Ugh...
So what happened to your EVO? I've done the water/soap solution 4 times on previous phones and never had trouble. Don't know how I avoided water from seeping into the corners now that I think about it
Old 06-10-2010, 10:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: smartphone
Carrier: At&t

rafaellopez is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post

Ugh...
Maybe there are some dust during the installment....
Old 06-11-2010, 09:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

djboo4you is just getting started

So, my mom just got her "wave 2" EVO from best buy yesterday and brought it over for me to tweak...I noticed a screen protector on her phone. She said yeah, I had them just put one on before I left. I asked her if it was a Zagg and she confirmed. I hated it. Very rubbery, tacky, finger sticks while scrolling then the phone thinks that you clicked something and you have to go back...pain in the ass...I had he try my Clearfreak. She was like WOW that is really smooth no problem at all. Also the lady at best buy told her that the Zagg would smooth out over the next few days...any truth to this... I have never used Zagg before. My first experience with them is seeing one on her phone.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Got my Evo yesterday and put on a full body phantom skinz first thing. Here's my 2 cents:

1) Pretty much a thinner slightly smoother zagg/bse
2) Minimal orange peel effect (have to view at an angle to see it)
3) Less tacky
4) Nicely cut, almost perfect (perfect because it gives you a little wiggle room for installation)

I would definitely recommend this over a zagg. But ultimately it's too similar for me to stick with it. Even though the PS is less tacky, you still get a bit of resistance when you glide your fingers. If you press harder you can feel the gummy feeling. Personally I prefer a hard dry application screen protector. It just feels more like a the hard slickness of glass. As for the body skin, I didn't use the side protectors as they always seem to make the phone cheap looking with the discontinuous corners (especially over time). The back is cut precisely and does the job. However it did slip my mind that the whole back is a door which seems easily replaceable so a protector may not be necessary.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

blockburner28 is a n00b

Anyone use the one from Sprint? I bought it because you get 20% off when you buy items?
Old 06-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

blockburner check a few pages back.someone posted pictures of the sprint anti glare. I picked up the Sprint ones. Didn't realize they only cover the screen rather than the whole face of the evo? Doh!

On a side note, I polished the phantom skin with some car polish and it made it pretty slick. Much better now but I don't think it'll last too long?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2010, 01:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

gabe501 is a n00b

I also bought the phantom skin kit but I bought the matte finish one. I'm pretty happy with it overall, much better than zagg. They send me 2 full sets in matte also 2 regular clear pieces for just the screen. Quality of the pieces are pretty good, no glue on the front of them as others have said. The matte looks and feels really nice on the phone just not on the screen...it gives a lot of distortion makes the screen look dull and fuzzy. I just took it off and put the clear one on today and I love it so far.

If u're getting phantom be sure to use that summersale2010 code to get ur 30% off, mine came out to be around $17 and I also paid for priority shipping. They screwed me on shipping cus priority is $5 more and they didn't ship priority. The envelope says first class and the amount was for $.61!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

tdubbs27 is just getting started

I went with the max protect zagg kit. Covers the back, sides, even the kickstand, yeah boy, sides were a little toigh to work with but they feel good now. i am not a case guy, but gotta protect this monster. I feel much better now about the sides with the zagg shield. Looks and feels great. Anyone else go with this option?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

dahray02 is keeping up the good workdahray02 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dahray02 Send a message via Yahoo to dahray02

SGP Steinheil coming soon, email from customer support:

"Hello,
Thank you for contacting SGP customer service.
We are expecting it to be in stock by end of this week, if not by early next week.

If you have any more questions, please feel free contact our customer service department again at info@sgpemail.com. Thank you."

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories