PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Protector Removal Help

My wife has been complaining that we spend too much money each year on cell phones, and I think I finally know why. I believe I have been using an improper method when replacing my screen protector, which might be leading to premature phone replacement.

My method is a bit unorthodox, and I DO NOT recommend that anyone else do it this way, as I will not be responsible for any damage done to your phone.

I take a really small drill bit attached to my power drill and drill through the exact center of my phones screen protector, stopping just before I hit the glass. I am very careful to only go through the plastic of the screen protector. I repeat this process with one more hole approximately 1/4 inch away from the first hole.

I then take a barbed fish hook, and place the sharp tip in the hole I created with the drill bit, following the curve of the hook, forcing the barbed tip through the second hole I made. Once the fish hook is completely through both holes, I pull up slowly, creating a "circus tent" like effect with the old screen protector, until it is completely off the phone.

Does anyone else out there use a similar technique?

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

CripledCyclone is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Screen Protector Removal Help

I just peel mine off like a normal person.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

madmax2k1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
My wife has been complaining that we spend too much money each year on cell phones, and I think I finally know why. I believe I have been using an improper method when replacing my screen protector, which might be leading to premature phone replacement.

My method is a bit unorthodox, and I DO NOT recommend that anyone else do it this way, as I will not be responsible for any damage done to your phone.

I take a really small drill bit attached to my power drill and drill through the exact center of my phones screen protector, stopping just before I hit the glass. I am very careful to only go through the plastic of the screen protector. I repeat this process with one more hole approximately 1/4 inch away from the first hole.

I then take a barbed fish hook, and place the sharp tip in the hole I created with the drill bit, following the curve of the hook, forcing the barbed tip through the second hole I made. Once the fish hook is completely through both holes, I pull up slowly, creating a "circus tent" like effect with the old screen protector, until it is completely off the phone.

Does anyone else out there use a similar technique?

You sir are a total idiot.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Well, I have never heard this one before! Have you ever tried just peeling it off?

Old 10-07-2011, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Ronny71 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2k1 View Post
You sir are a total idiot.

Guess I'm an idiot too...I would never attempt to do what your doin...They just peel off...I don't keep my phones long and I get top dollar for a used phone when I sell mine on Ebay...Hell it pays for the next one...I surely wont be tryin to drill holes even by accident in my screen...But if it wurks for you...Knock your sox off buddy...
Old 10-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Dude, just take a piece of scotch tape, attach it to the screen protector, leave a tab off phone so you can grab, then just lift!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 12:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quick fix divorce your wife

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D