PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i hope the screen is better then the evo

It will come in gorilla glass by Dell Corning right? That mean the only thing that would cut it is diamond.

Thanks! I need this 3D bad. I cant wait any longer.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

@Sauske
"Yes, it will clearly be better than the Evo 4G; 480 x 800 pixels 4.3" Colors: 65,536 (16-bit) v.s. Evo 3D; 540 x 960 pixels 4.3" Sprint hasn't released the color aspect ratio yet...and if there smart they should have it like the Epic and Iphone Colors: 16.7 million (24-bit)" 16:9 does that have anything to do with the color aspect ratio? I have desperately been trying to find out if the colors will be better than they are on the old evo. Has anyone been able to verify if its 16 or 24bit yet?

@gTen
"If its not 16bit screen then its 24bit..there really isnt an in between...now question is...is it PenTile or not.." Thanks for this post, I had never heard of pentile... I did a butt load of research and now I do! Has it been announced yet? Does anyone know if it is pentile or not?
Old 06-11-2011, 03:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

zoglog is becoming a great contributor

I was messing with this phone @ E3 yesterday and it was a bit odd. The 3D effect wasn't quite as noticeable as the 3DS units with the 3D photos I took. the 3D video seemed to work a bit better.

Overall the screen is good but def not as good as the OLED screen in the PS Vita
Old 06-12-2011, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work

the evo 3d is similar to the HTC Sensation (same slcd qHD size screen). most of the reviews i've seen of the HTC Sensation say the colors/black levels don't measure up to previous slcds used by other HTC phones like the incredible S. Viddler.com - HTC Sensation vs Incredible S screen comparison - Uploaded by engadget

i'm hoping this is different with the evo 3d. HTC needs to get into the display race, at least come out with a IPS screen.

Last edited by ppcgpirate; 06-12-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:55 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

since the screen is 4.3" and 3d it can't be "exactly" the same...unless of course they used parrallel barrier to add the 3d to the screen (its a tech that can make any lcd 3d)

As for IPS, they are kinda expensive..I remember when they did a components check of iphone 4 and pretty much IPS screen cost as much as the entire phone lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D