PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 06:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What/when is the next top-of-the-line HTC Android phone?

I'd like to upgrade from a Windows Mobile 6.5 Imagio to something like the Droid X (I'm on Verizon; don't need a separate keyboard, and would like the screen as big as possible with the top specs for speed, memory, etc., and ideally capability for GSM or CDMA - world phone). I want to make the change before mid-March. Am I correct in thinking that the Incredible is smaller and has slightly lower specs than the Motorola Droid X, or is there a reason to prefer the Incredible to the X? I like HTC products; is there a better model (that's Verizon-compatible) than either the X or Incredible that I should be looking at? And, does anyone know if the next version of this type of phone is likely to be out anytime soon? If not, I might as well get an X (or?) now. Of course sooner or later a more advanced model will come along, but in the next 2 months or so, is something with better specs expected from HTC?

thanks in advance.

Mike
Old 12-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Newsy Writer
Pocket PC: Droid Charge
Carrier: verizon wired less

hoodracer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to hoodracer Send a message via Skype™ to hoodracer
Re: What/when is the next top-of-the-line HTC Android phone?

well the Driod X and the incredible are both 1gigahertz processors both are candybar's both have 8mp camera.
the Incredible has a 3.8 inch screen and has sence, capacitive buttons, and its smaller
the droid x has a 4.3 inch screen, moto blur/launcher pro, hdmi out and hard buttons

If your are waiting then maybe wait for the htc incredible hd. it is rumored to come out 1st quarter 2011 its should be top of the line and maybe have LTE
Old 12-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

if you want a big screen then go for the x.
the incredible is great though and has a good developer base if you want to flash roms.

the hd should be sweet but again they are now saying no lte phones until mid 2011.
maybe they will just release it without lte though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
if you want a big screen then go for the x.
the incredible is great though and has a good developer base if you want to flash roms.
is there still a need to flash ROMs?!? Even with Android, the base system is not customizable enough - are people still flashing ROMs with the X and similar phones? Are the stability/feature gains significant? Is it for root access?

Mike
Old 12-20-2010, 04:54 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
is there still a need to flash ROMs?!? Even with Android, the base system is not customizable enough - are people still flashing ROMs with the X and similar phones? Are the stability/feature gains significant? Is it for root access?

Mike
um..android is more customizable then winmo actually..unlike winmo Android is open source..aka you can rewrite the whole thing if you really want to...

in android you also can flash kernels, not only roms...which allow for overclocking/undervolting...

The next best known phone for Verizon will be the LG Star which is a dual core Tegra 2...

As for droid x vs incredible..the droid x cpu/gpu is better (dont let clock speeds fool you) but Incredible has a lot of development for it since its similar to the Nexus One...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

> android is more customizable then winmo actually..unlike winmo Android is open
> source..aka you can rewrite the whole thing if you really want to...

that's what I thought. So are people really flashing new kernels and ROMs still? I don't mind doing it but I hate having to re-set all the preferences/software/settings by hand; in WM, backups couldn't be restored over a new ROM. Is this the case for Android also, or can I make a backup of settings/apps/etc. that's useful after a ROM is changed?

> in android you also can flash kernels, not only roms...which allow for
> overclocking/undervolting...

is this really useful? I know in WM5 (HTC XV6700) it was essential - the new ROM made an enormous difference. The WM6.5 Imagio on the other hand pretty much did everything correctly out of the box - I didn't feel that a new ROM was necessary. How is it for Android - do the new ROMs/kernels really help significantly?

> The next best known phone for Verizon will be the LG Star which is a dual core Tegra
> 2... As for droid x vs incredible..the droid x cpu/gpu is better (dont let clock speeds fool
> you) but Incredible has a lot of development for it since its similar to the Nexus One...

thanks! I like HTC products generally; any plans by HTC to use the Tegra 2 soon?

Mike
Old 12-24-2010, 04:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

HTC Merge is coming in January too I think.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible