PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 03:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

killerloon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please help with Eris issues...

I recently talked my mother into buying an Eris after I finally bought a Moto Droid a few months back. She lives out in the country and dosnt have the best signal with the eris (1-2 bars at the most where as with my droid I get 2-3 bars out there). The battery only keeps a charge for maybe 3 hours when shes home. It finally dawned on me that it was because of her reception issue that shes having a short battery span. I checked her battery usage and sure enough her cell standby was using 73% of her batt. My wifes eris sits at about 54% in town and my droid seems to hover around 6%. Keep in mind these are all stock android phones. Im trying to figure out what (if anything) can be done to improve her Batt performance. I dont want to root her phone. Shes been running adv task killer since day one and we are getting nowhere. If anyone has any idea one what can be done please help me out.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

killerloon is a n00b
Re: Please help with Eris issues...

Anybody???
Old 05-27-2010, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch alltel diamond
Carrier: Alltel (now Verizon)

inferno1 is becoming a great contributor

see if theres a way to force the phone to 1x instead of it possibly trying to connect to 3G all the time.... used to do that on my old WM
Old 05-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint

chokey154 is a n00b

you could try verifying they have the latest PRL, uncheck data roaming. I think you can even change the amount of polling the device does with the network under ##778# ( just make sure you know what your doing).
Old 05-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerloon View Post
I recently talked my mother into buying an Eris after I finally bought a Moto Droid a few months back. She lives out in the country and dosnt have the best signal with the eris (1-2 bars at the most where as with my droid I get 2-3 bars out there). The battery only keeps a charge for maybe 3 hours when shes home. It finally dawned on me that it was because of her reception issue that shes having a short battery span. I checked her battery usage and sure enough her cell standby was using 73% of her batt. My wifes eris sits at about 54% in town and my droid seems to hover around 6%. Keep in mind these are all stock android phones. Im trying to figure out what (if anything) can be done to improve her Batt performance. I dont want to root her phone. Shes been running adv task killer since day one and we are getting nowhere. If anyone has any idea one what can be done please help me out.

some things for people to check on and disable when not in use are:

Bluetooth
GPS
Mobile Network
Wifi
Weather Sync(just either turn off or change the time to sync)
Gmail sync
any type of app you have running constantly(such as lookout)

you can try using a task manager but some people have different results with them

also check for the standby battery glitch.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

also there is a hybrid PRL that is said to have worked that uses both Alltel and Verizon towers or something like that.

heres the PRL:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2E0V336O

1)Take this , and put it on your phone's sd card. Don't put it in any folders on your sd card, just leave it at the front.

2) Go to the dialer and write, ##778 and press call, hold and you should get a pop up.

3) Select Edit Mode, then enter 000000 (6 zeros) as the password.

4) Slide down to PRL, and press Update PRL. ( Please wait a while, it takes some time)

5)Once there, slide down the keyboard and you should see the Hybrid PRL file,press on it, and then press OK.

6) It should bring you to the menu you were before, press the menu button on your phone and select Commit Modifications.

7) The phone will update and reboot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Droid Eris