PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 01:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

kdmiller is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP!!! GPS software causing reboot and/or freezing

Hello Everyone,

I have just run in to a new problem with my CDMA HTC Diamond. I have been using various roms over time (thanks to all the cooks out there) and as of yesterday I was trying to use TomTom and it reset my phone. I then tried again and the same thing happened. I then tried to check it with the carious GPS tools available and each time the hpone either restarts or locks up. I even flashed back to the original Factory Rom and it does the same thing. Tried NRG's rom, Calkulin's rom, MightyRom as well as Juicy, flashing to stock and back each time and still nothing......

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2009, 01:36 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HELP!!! GPS software causing reboot and/or freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmiller View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have just run in to a new problem with my CDMA HTC Diamond. I have been using various roms over time (thanks to all the cooks out there) and as of yesterday I was trying to use TomTom and it reset my phone. I then tried again and the same thing happened. I then tried to check it with the carious GPS tools available and each time the hpone either restarts or locks up. I even flashed back to the original Factory Rom and it does the same thing. Tried NRG's rom, Calkulin's rom, MightyRom as well as Juicy, flashing to stock and back each time and still nothing......

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Maybe its the cab you are using to install TomTom. Have you always used the same one?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 10-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Maybe its the cab you are using to install TomTom. Have you always used the same one?
TTN6 or TTN7?

I had trouble with 7 and went back to 6, no more issues.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:12 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex jb View Post
TTN6 or TTN7?

I had trouble with 7 and went back to 6, no more issues.
I have been using TTN 7 with excellent results. Guess it could be anything. I was thinking he may have a corrupted cab.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc EVO and Hero
Carrier: sprint

antnate is just getting started

I have the same problem. have a cdma diamond on sprint, Using tomtom navigator 6. and SSK 3.0 final ROM. (winmo 6.5.1, and 6.5 versions).. but stock sprint rom with 6.1 isn't working right either.

problem is, not just with tomtom, I can get a gps lock with sprint nav or google maps after a hard reset.

after I connected, I closed the app, waited 5 minutes, then started it up again.. NO GPS found.

flashed to stock a couple times, reformatted internal storage, added tomtom maps back and ran installer.

not sure what the problem is. has to be something in the 6.5 roms?
Old 10-28-2009, 02:21 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnate View Post
I have the same problem. have a cdma diamond on sprint, Using tomtom navigator 6. and SSK 3.0 final ROM. (winmo 6.5.1, and 6.5 versions).. but stock sprint rom with 6.1 isn't working right either.

problem is, not just with tomtom, I can get a gps lock with sprint nav or google maps after a hard reset.

after I connected, I closed the app, waited 5 minutes, then started it up again.. NO GPS found.

flashed to stock a couple times, reformatted internal storage, added tomtom maps back and ran installer.

not sure what the problem is. has to be something in the 6.5 roms?
I havent had GPS issues. Have you ran quickGPS? Are you giving it ample time for the GPS to locate? I know this is dumb but, are you standing outside?
Old 10-28-2009, 02:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc EVO and Hero
Carrier: sprint

antnate is just getting started

I am standing next to a window!!! but yea, I wait a while for it to hook up.

when I hard reboot, it works as expected. quick gps works, then I close quick gps, and started up google maps (just to use installed apps that come with stock rom).

Google maps works. Then I close it, then start it up again after waiting 5 minutes. gps satellites not found, after waiting over 5 minutes.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:35 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnate View Post
I am standing next to a window!!! but yea, I wait a while for it to hook up.

when I hard reboot, it works as expected. quick gps works, then I close quick gps, and started up google maps (just to use installed apps that come with stock rom).

Google maps works. Then I close it, then start it up again after waiting 5 minutes. gps satellites not found, after waiting over 5 minutes.
Thats strange. I wish I could help. Maybe try a different rom.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS
Threadstarter

kdmiller is just getting started

I have been using the same TomTom Cab from day one. It is not the Rom because I have flashed to many different roms including the stock one which I am running right now (6.1) with the same outcome.

GPS Test will initially say GPS starting up then show a bunch of sats and then switch to "looking for GPS unit"

HTC GPS tool when I open the port and start the test will work fine then freeze and reset my phone

Google maps will not find any sats

TomTom 7.45 will say no gps then waiting for signal then back to no gps

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: PagePlusCellular

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work

Very strange, everything had been fine until yesterday or so. GoogleMaps and TT7 both reboot the phone. I thought my phone generated a hardware problem with the GPS chip. This is good news, as my phone is not alone so it is not a hardware problem.

I'm using the latest Sprint ROM and radio.

The only thing I can think of is: I use 216.198.139.92:8889 as gpsOne. I'll change this and see how it goes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond