PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   HELP!!! GPS software causing reboot and/or freezing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93131)

stormygal_indy 10-30-2009 01:18 AM

Re: HELP!!! GPS software causing reboot and/or freezing

Anyone try flashing a different radio?

phatjimmy96 10-30-2009 02:03 AM

Has anybody having problems not flashed to a wm 6.5.1 rom before this started happening? (even if you flashed to something else after)

stormygal_indy 10-30-2009 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatjimmy96 (Post 1277770)
Has anybody having problems not flashed to a wm 6.5.1 rom before this started happening? (even if you flashed to something else after)

I was running a 23017 6.5 ROM from Calk's VK kitchen. Tried a 6.5.1 ROM many many flashes ago so don't think my issue is related to that or you'd think I would've seen it sooner.

JAChavez99 10-30-2009 06:16 AM

Add me to the list too! Just noticed a couple of days ago while on Gadget's ROM. I flashed to shipped then went to NRG's new ROM and still having the same issue.

This sucks!

Braka 10-30-2009 08:27 AM

it happened for me too right after having switch to the latest NRG rom (October 09 builds).

I tried everything I could imagine to fix the issue. No success! :(

ucfbeta92 10-30-2009 10:23 AM

I've got a Sprint Touch Pro, factory/stock ROM (v1.03.651.4) , and out of nowhere, yesterday my GPS started acting fishy. It seems very peculiar that so many people started having these issues the last day or two.

At first, I wasn't sure what was causing the freeze / reboots (I thought the battery may be slipping / bad connectors), but then I noticed that it happened only when I used Google Maps / Bing.

I use Google Maps and Bing, and with Google Maps, it will find me on the GPS, but as I drive, it won't "track" my movement. Eventually, it will just reboot. Ocassionally, it reboots before it actually finds me on the GPS.

I uninstalled Google Maps, cleared all related files, etc, and reinstalled it - same result.

Tried Bing, it won't find me on GPS - eventually it just freezes.

I'm going to try downloading a new ROM version that HTC's US website has for the Sprint TP devices (2.01.651.6).

Braka 10-30-2009 10:27 AM

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the AH1N1 virus... :confused2:

nah... seriously,

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 1278358)
I've got a Sprint Touch Pro, factory/stock ROM (v1.03.651.4) , and out of nowhere, yesterday my GPS started acting fishy. It seems very peculiar that so many people started having these issues the last day or two.

At first, I wasn't sure what was causing the freeze / reboots (I thought the battery may be slipping / bad connectors), but then I noticed that it happened only when I used Google Maps / Bing.

I use Google Maps and Bing, and with Google Maps, it will find me on the GPS, but as I drive, it won't "track" my movement. Eventually, it will just reboot. Ocassionally, it reboots before it actually finds me on the GPS.

I uninstalled Google Maps, cleared all related files, etc, and reinstalled it - same result.

Tried Bing, it won't find me on GPS - eventually it just freezes.

I'm going to try downloading a new ROM version that HTC's US website has for the Sprint TP devices (2.01.651.6).

u said u never tried the NRG latest ROM ? You always used a stock Sprint Rom ?

ucfbeta92 10-30-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braka (Post 1278369)
I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the AH1N1 virus... :confused2:

nah... seriously,

u said u never tried the NRG latest ROM ? You always used a stock Sprint Rom ?

Yup, I've never loaded any 3rd party ROM on the phone - it's always just had the Sprint factory ROM that it came preloaded with.

Check the TP thread, some folks seem to have found a solution (disabling the QuickGPS updates, and replacing some files/folder: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92926&page=7

I haven't had a chance to do it yet since I'm at work, but I'll give it a whirl this evening.

Someone also mentioned DST changes could be related to the problem - I'm tempted to wait until Sunday and see if the problem will fix itself when the US gets off DST.

mswlogo 10-30-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdmiller (Post 1272167)
Hello Everyone,

I have just run in to a new problem with my CDMA HTC Diamond. I have been using various roms over time (thanks to all the cooks out there) and as of yesterday I was trying to use TomTom and it reset my phone. I then tried again and the same thing happened. I then tried to check it with the carious GPS tools available and each time the hpone either restarts or locks up. I even flashed back to the original Factory Rom and it does the same thing. Tried NRG's rom, Calkulin's rom, MightyRom as well as Juicy, flashing to stock and back each time and still nothing......

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I just came on to report what I think causes this.

By any chance did you play with running Android :)

I run completely stock ROMs.

Except I did play with Android I didn't connect the dots the first time.

But to fix I reloaded stock ROM (which redoes the radio).

That fixed it, was running fine for couple weeks again.

Then I booted Android and and next day I get Reboots when anything uses the GPS.

jkobe 10-30-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 1278724)
Yup, I've never loaded any 3rd party ROM on the phone - it's always just had the Sprint factory ROM that it came preloaded with.

Check the TP thread, some folks seem to have found a solution (disabling the QuickGPS updates, and replacing some files/folder: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92926&page=7

I haven't had a chance to do it yet since I'm at work, but I'll give it a whirl this evening.

Someone also mentioned DST changes could be related to the problem - I'm tempted to wait until Sunday and see if the problem will fix itself when the US gets off DST.

This is true, my GPS programs now work fine. I have Sprint TP and the Mighty Rom. I was having the same problems as everyone else and have done nothing (hard resets, flashing other Roms or radios) other than:

1. Disabling quick GPS
2. replacing my windows file "xtra.bin" with the one posted in the above quote
3. Soft reset

I hope this helps everyone and THANKS so much!!

(I posted this in the TP forum too so sorry for the double post. Just wanted to spread the word)