PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 04:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Can't copy manila files anymore

Hi guys,

I'm using a Diamond with MightyRom4. I need to replace a couple manila files in the Windows folder on the phone. I've done this easily in the past but for some reason I can't replace the files anymore. I've tried this a few different ways:

1. On the phone itself. I turned off Touchflo completely and tried to copy those manila files to the Windows folder. This gives me a error message saying they can't be copied, access is denied since they may be locked etc.

2. Using Activesync (over bluetooth) from my computer. Still not allowed permission.

3. Using Total Commander over activesync. Again, no permission granted to copy.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The only thing I can think of is that I'm now using Vista whereas when I used to move these files before i was using XP. Could that have anything to do with it?

Last edited by the7thson; 10-28-2009 at 05:21 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Can't copy manila files anymore

I use Vista and it works for me, so I dont think it is that.

Only thing I can think of is, did you remove the "hidden", "read only" and "system" attributes with Total Commander before trying to over write the files?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Thanks for your reply. yeah I removed the Read-Only attributes from those files before trying this, but it doesn't seem to work. Removing those attributes doesn't "stick". It'll look like it's unchecked but next time I look at it, it's checked again so it basically stays Read-Only.

I'm unsure of what else to try at this point..
Old 10-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Well guess what? It was Vista. Went back to my old XP machine and used ActiveSync and it worked just fine. Of course now the files i replaced weren't all good so i have other issues to deal with, but that's another matter.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Does anyone have any insight into why Vista won't let me delete/overwrite these protected manila files while XP does? Thanks.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:08 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

UAC or just create a shortcut to File Explorer or Windows Explorer on the Desktop and right click Run as Administrator.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
UAC or just create a shortcut to File Explorer or Windows Explorer on the Desktop and right click Run as Administrator.
I have UAC turned off and I'm logged in as an Administrator already. Even so, I ran Windows Explorer as Administrator explicitly and still ran in to the same issue. I appreciate the thought though!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond