PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: update 9-23: Sprint PRL is updated to 60654

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
first post is updated with 60654 zipped up for manual installation. good luck guys.
Thanks (given) - I only have luck doing this manually! By the way - will an updated PRL provide better internet coverage, too (at least in theory) or just telephone coverage?
Pete
Old 09-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLaw View Post
Thanks (given) - I only have luck doing this manually! By the way - will an updated PRL provide better internet coverage, too (at least in theory) or just telephone coverage?
Pete
I am not sure to be honest. I was just over a Sprint this week and the tech onsite told me that it does have an impact. My impression was that it was updating the list of towers you can roam on but he said it also has to do with towers we normally use. Not sure about that but it could in theory provide better coverage or the opposite. For example, Sprint has outsourced all of the towers support and sold off most of the towers to 3rd parties. They are cost cutting mode so I wonder if they are reducing the amount of towers. just speculating though.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Surprisingly, because I live in New York City, I like to listen to satellite radio on my diamond when I run in the mornings (howard stern) using an app called C-APIsro. Running around the lake near my house I lose internet service at about 3 different points (2 miles around). Each time I update PRLs I hope that will stop, but it never does. The funny thing is I can listen in my car and drive an hour or two all around the city and never lose my connection, but at that stupid lake near my house it is always a problem!
Pete
Old 10-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Update 10-21: Sprint PRL is updated to 60655. will update first post as well as when the extracted prl drops. thanks.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Re: update 10-21: Sprint PRL is updated to 60655

Here's a post that has the link to the extracted 60655 prl. thanks!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=62
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Thanks!

Quote:
Here's a post that has the link to the extracted 60655 prl. thanks!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=62
Old 10-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

wrath is a n00b

Quote:
Updated 10-21-09: Just flashed shipped and noticed that my when updating the prl that is changed form 60654 to 60655. Hopefully this will improve coverage for some! There are 3 ways to update prl:

1.To update prl while on the shipped rom, go to Start>Settings>System>scroll down to the bottom and select Update PRL.

2. If you are on a custom rom without Update prl in Settings>System tab, you can install this cab to get it (works on most custom roms). Just install, soft reset and it will be there. Then follow the instructions above. Only for Sprint users.

3. You can manually install the prl update. prl is attached. Here is a thread describing how to manually install prl. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=59 good luck!

** will keep up prl 60654 but will also post the newer one once it's extracted. Good luck!
I am getting error code 1012.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath View Post
I am getting error code 1012.
I have gotten that several times before. Normally it works after a soft reset. sometimes prl updates dont work the first time. Good luck.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker

It worked for me, first try.
Pete
Old 11-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Re: update 11-4: Sprint PRL is updated to 60656

update, Just flashed shipped and noticed that my when updating the prl that is changed form 60654 to 60656.

The previous prl update was a bit strange, for a couple days it would update to 60655 but then reverted to 60654. Now it appears we are seeing it updated again now to 60656. give it a go and lets see what changed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond