PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
flashed to cricket can receive but not send texts

I had the diamond flashed to cricket and now i can receive texts, but not send them.. Haven't been able to get the internet to work either even though i have the correct wap settings and the settings in EPST are correct. Anyone have ideas?
Old 07-11-2009, 02:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: flashed to cricket can receive but not send texts

sometimes the net works and sometimes not.... its a roll of the dice....
Old 07-11-2009, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

meachi04 is just getting started

You should try to head over to Howard Forums under Ryan's Wap and Cab with Cricket. Here is one of the threads he posted on to help you with wap and mms. Works like a charm! (read the info Ryan posted and his wap/mms cab is on there also)... And if your "text" doesn't work, call Cricket and ask them to refresh your settings!...Hopefully that helps!

http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...5&page=2&pp=15

By the way I have a cricket Htc Diamond also..
Old 07-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok.. well here is the update. I have the internet working flawlessly.. The idiots at cricket never addes mobile web to the account. I browsed to wap.cricket.motricity.com on the phone and it brought that up with no problem. then i tried clicking on a link through there and it said i needed to add mobile web so i did and wham! Internet. Problem is the phone won't dial out or send text messages. It will receive calls and texts, but not dial out or send. Reading over at Howard forums it looks like the MEID decimal number on the back of the phone is supposed to be converted to a P-ESN number and that is what cricket is supposed to enter when they activate the phone. They have my MEID decimal as my ESN. Just trying to confirm from someone that that is truly the issue before i go off on them. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 07-12-2009, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

meachi04 is just getting started

More than likely it's the settings. (could be crickets problem also though). But Yes, you do need the DEC MEID # or DEC ESN# to give cricket. (there's a like to convert below) The easiest and most accurate way to get it is to go into Start>Settings>Device INFO (Get the MEID and convert, then give to cricket...but I'm sure it's right because you wouldn't be able to recieve calls if it wasn't.) Cricket wants you to give them the number with only numbers, just easier to convert it yourself.
coverter link---
http://www.previo.net/index.php/esn-...er-online.html

****Here's what I would do. Because I had a similar problem before. The problem I had was that my MIN number was not the same MIN that was in the phone. So, I could get calls but not dial out. So, I would call cricket and ask for your MIN number. *228 if supposed to put in the right settings but...If you are comfortable enough, you can go into your EPST settings by dialing ##778# or ##778 (one of those will get you to a screen that says EPST), your password should be "000000". Just go under your NAM settings and make sure that your "Moblie Directory Number is YOUR PHONE NUMBER" and that under MSID is your MIN NUMBER. If your MIN number is wrong change it to the right number.
Now, keep in mind that was just the problem I had, It may or may not be the same issue. I hope everything works out.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:12 AM
Lurker

dadocitto is a n00b

i have a instinct that is now flashed to revol and i cant receive any picture messages and i cant get web any idea's??
Old 07-20-2009, 12:55 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Uh this isn't the forum for the Instinct.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond