PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond not getting WM 6.5?

Anyone why the reason the Diamond not getting the 6.5 upgrade like the Touch Pro? They are basically the same phone without the keyboard...not sure why HTC is dissing the Diamond.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:28 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: Diamond not getting WM 6.5?

I think this was Sprints choice. I am also pretty sure that the memory on the TP is larger than the diamond, which may have a lot to do with it.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

outlaw.99 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to outlaw.99

You would think they would port it over...I had the Pro and hated how slow and heavy it was...I love my Diamond though...
Old 06-07-2009, 02:07 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw.99 View Post
You would think they would port it over...I had the Pro and hated how slow and heavy it was...I love my Diamond though...
You think the diamond is faster than the TP? I have had the exact opposite reaction. My diamond was slow and the batt life was terrible, my TP is much faster, and while the batt isn't that great, its much better!
Old 06-07-2009, 07:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond

jds81 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
You think the diamond is faster than the TP? I have had the exact opposite reaction. My diamond was slow and the batt life was terrible, my TP is much faster, and while the batt isn't that great, its much better!
Quote:
Hm, are we comparing apples to apples here? Did you both compare a newer phone with an update ROM to an older one? Pro does have twice the rom storage! I have a diamond and I always thought they were the same minus KB, now I'm officially jealous

Anyhow, the TP getting 6.5 means that any worthwhile upgrades with make it into the Kitchens and into the Cooked Roms for the TP and the diamond, so don't sweat it, I've been running cooked 6.5 based roms for a few months now on my diamond.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

outlaw.99 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to outlaw.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post

Yeah...I ran them both stock with updates and I hated the TP bro....I thought I was keyboard dependent, but the lag when going to landscape with the keyboard and hitting front buttons and having to wait killed me...It also felt bulky to me from the extra weight of keyboard...

I now run the Diamond with fingerboard2 and love it...As with most things its probably all just preference, but I really did try hard to like the TP....
Old 06-07-2009, 10:29 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I want to know where this info's coming from. the source i've seen for the upgrade has always been a CS email or chat, and I don't believe anything they say until it's in black&white (not RGB)
Old 06-07-2009, 10:33 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
Yeah...I ran them both stock with updates and I hated the TP bro....I thought I was keyboard dependent, but the lag when going to landscape with the keyboard and hitting front buttons and having to wait killed me...It also felt bulky to me from the extra weight of keyboard...

I now run the Diamond with fingerboard2 and love it...As with most things its probably all just preference, but I really did try hard to like the TP....
Cool, I had never heard anyone say that. fingerkb2 is much better than any soft kb for sure! And the kb on the TP lags pretty bad, but all in all I def like the kb and I haven't had any trouble with it being slow.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Because Sprint wants to use it to help sell the Diamond 2
Old 06-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond

jds81 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
Because Sprint wants to use it to help sell the Diamond 2
So far sprint doesn't seem to be getting the Diamond 2.

Might be that Sprint sold a lot less Diamonds than Pros.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond