PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   6.5 flashing problems, potential fix and Poll (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69457)

MrObvious 05-23-2009 11:37 AM

Re: 6.5 flashing problems, potential fix and Poll

Quote:

Originally Posted by technosinner (Post 930401)
Guys, I'm at a loss......

I'm new here and to ROM flashing, but I'm no computer noob and I just CAN'T for the life of me get 6.5 to work on my Diamond.

I got the instructions to a T, I made sure I got fairly reputable ROMs that were not Carrier specific other than mine (Telus) and over all, the flashig process works fine. But any and all 6.5 ROMs crashed at one point or another, usually really quickly after the customization - if that far - and then I get the boot screen hang thingy.

I flashed back to stock, worked fine. Flashed Mighty's 6.1, worked fine. But whether it's Mighty's, Juicy or Calkulin's 6.5, monumental crash. What am I doing wrong??? I've followed all the tips I could find here, and it still crashes :(

I'm beyond my capacities I guess......

Flash shipped not stock.

Riley 05-23-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 930627)
I flash quite often (except this past week), but I haven't had any problems like you guys have. I don't flash stock, hard reset or none of that fancy stuff. The only problem I have is when I leave that \internal storage\DIAMIMG.nbh in place then I try to flash from vista. But that's my own fault. :)

Hi everyone, my name is don and I'm a flash-a-holic, and all I do is flash what I want on my device and never, never had any problems. Other than that I'll pass...

I agree in most cases you don't need to do all this flashing to shipped/clearing storage process, but I also think it really has to do with how close the rom is to the shipped release. For example, I have never needed to flash shipped before moving from one RSTG to another RSTG release, but if I tried to do the same thing with others, there would be problems. Like tf errors, soft resets becoming hard resets, etc. Can't explain it but could it be that you keep your rom close to stock. Just wondering? thanks.

Riley 05-23-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattemer (Post 930390)
I would think this poll's results could be a bit misleading, as there may be more sprint users out there compared to Alltel and Telus. Just taking a guess though. Could be pretty interesting results nonetheless. Never had any real issues on Sprint, but interesting poll either way!

Good Point. funny thing is I noticed a lot more Telus users having problems in the 6.5 threads but you're right, it's going to be misleading.

technosinner 05-23-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 930779)
Flash shipped not stock.

That's actually what I did, I just misunderstood the difference ;) I actually got the upgrade ROM direct from HTC for Telus, so I'm 100% sure this is what whould be on my phone OOB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileyd5 (Post 930796)
Good Point. funny thing is I noticed a lot more Telus users having problems in the 6.5 threads but you're right, it's going to be misleading.

That's a bit why I chose to respond; I was really under the impression that Telus seemed much more problematic...

Quote:

Originally Posted by j7jman (Post 930596)
may i suggest groove roms.. they work great.. and also some instructions say to flash back to the stock sprint rom.. probably to prevent problems with new ones..

You know what, it worked!!! Thanks! I'm happy again :)
EDIT: I spoke too fast I guess... It crashed on me after about 3 hours of use, now I can't get past the screen alignment (but I didn't flash or hard reset...?). I'm giving up, I'm going to go back to shipped rom and that's that :(

madcook 05-23-2009 10:32 PM

no problems here on sprint but i think thats the case for most people here :scratch:

akdmks 05-24-2009 12:31 AM

i've tried your methods already riley as u posted that info in the thread thanks for giving me your advice but telass sux0rs, im gonna try see if i can flash from 6.5 to another 6.5 if that works but im really getting fed up with reflashing every 10 min and re trying getting the same outcome](*,)

O'Neil Mitchell 05-24-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akdmks (Post 931814)
i've tried your methods already riley as u posted that info in the thread thanks for giving me your advice but telass sux0rs, im gonna try see if i can flash from 6.5 to another 6.5 if that works but im really getting fed up with reflashing every 10 min and re trying getting the same outcome](*,)

Try flashing your shipped rom first, then Mighty's
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38999

The go one to a 6.5 rom. That was finally worked for me, I took me a lot of tries as well. A F**king piss of it is, good luck

technosinner 05-24-2009 04:18 PM

I was going to say the same thing; I flashed Mighty's ROM5 and it's been working fine since! (Yeah I know I said I'd give up, but I was just upset :P )

Riley 05-24-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell (Post 931885)
Try flashing your shipped rom first, the Mighty's
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38999

The go one to a 6.5 rom. That was finally worked for me, I took me a lot of tries as well. A F**king piss of it is, good luck

Sounds like Mitchell has the fix. Especially for you guys that are having no luck flashing to 6.5. this seems to be the only way right now.

indagroove 05-24-2009 07:22 PM

Im thinking that this issue might have to do with ported xips in general and or the payload that their inserted into.
I just keep the ship nbh file in internal storage, and flash to that every few builds. I never go past the first tap here