PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

proplayer44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Complete and Full backup/ image of my device

Is there a backup app available where you can make an image of your entire device (like a PC) where if it crashes or changes or you need to swap out your device you can reimage it back to the specific date you made the backup? Does this make sense? Does Pimbackup do that?
Old 04-28-2009, 02:18 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Complete and Full backup/ image of my device

you want a picture of what ppc looks like now for when you get new ppc? or you want all apps from one ppc to the new ppc? im missing somehing i think.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:24 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Spb Back Up 2.0 Does That For Lack Of A Better Word. It Makes An Image Of The System That Can Be Used To Restore Everything In Case Of A Problem Or Onto A New Device.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i 2nd that motion!!! SPB 2.0 is wonderful. aside fomr just making an entire copy of your exact phone. you can reload just PIM info Or email or whatever you want. you can select specific information you want to restore...check it out its worth it.

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
Old 04-28-2009, 02:43 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionsbuckle View Post
i 2nd that motion!!! SPB 2.0 is wonderful. aside fomr just making an entire copy of your exact phone. you can reload just PIM info Or email or whatever you want. you can select specific information you want to restore...check it out its worth it.
Exactly
Old 04-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Thumbs up Re: Complete and Full backup/ image of my device

this is what you need. ti does exactly what you as for and it can be scheduled...this came from the GSM Diamond from HTC, so it is full version. Does the same as SPB 2.0 Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprite Backup6.2 VGA.CAB (2.89 MB, 50 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc wing & BB8703e & treo755
Carrier: tmobile

Macs53 is a n00b

Thank you so much for this backup cab it is exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks again
Old 04-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Also, to make your full backup be sure to check the box to include the storage card (since with the diamonds we don't remove storage and we install most apps to the card). I do this about 1x a month with spb.. and back up other changes weekly.

BrennB
Old 04-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
this is what you need. ti does exactly what you as for and it can be scheduled...this came from the GSM Diamond from HTC, so it is full version. Does the same as SPB 2.0 Enjoy!
thanks, I was looking for a cheaper alternative to SPB. Does this work well with Rom upgrades like SPD did?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
thanks, I was looking for a cheaper alternative to SPB. Does this work well with Rom upgrades like SPD did?
This version is not completed designed for this feature, but i have done it a few times in the past (i think it suggest that you shouldn't do it) and it worked, but that might not be the case with every rom. I suggest, test it first and see.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond