PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Does your diamond screen have this problem?
yes 11 50.00%
no 11 50.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible screen problem

I've got the same problem, been too lazy to get a replacement yet, but will get one soon. Definitely a known issue.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

stravy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
I've got the same problem, been too lazy to get a replacement yet, but will get one soon. Definitely a known issue.
do you recall doing anything to your phone to make the problem happen?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
do you recall doing anything to your phone to make the problem happen?
Nothing whatsoever, it was just there one day. On the TP thread it says it's happened to a lot of people and there's not necessarily a known reason why it happens, it's just the top layer separating from the bottom. Definitely sucks though and I think it's a manufacturing defect so i'm gonna call sprint and get a new one.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

stravy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Nothing whatsoever, it was just there one day. On the TP thread it says it's happened to a lot of people and there's not necessarily a known reason why it happens, it's just the top layer separating from the bottom. Definitely sucks though and I think it's a manufacturing defect so i'm gonna call sprint and get a new one.
same thing with me. just noticed it. did nothing to the phone and i take care of the phone. it is a bit of inconvenience. to keep having to get a replacement. though if sprint comes out with the diamond2 maybe i can "upgrade" given my diamond track record of 4 phones in the last six months. good luck with you new replacement.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
same thing with me. just noticed it. did nothing to the phone and i take care of the phone. it is a bit of inconvenience. to keep having to get a replacement. though if sprint comes out with the diamond2 maybe i can "upgrade" given my diamond track record of 4 phones in the last six months. good luck with you new replacement.
Yeah it's definitely a hassle! Although I doubt Sprint is coming out with the Diamond2 anytime soon. All reports point to a GSM version going to T-mobile and a CDMA version later on iirc. Good luck with your replacement too, please keep this thread updated.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2009, 02:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tilt

reyderosquillas is just getting started

Same problem:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=338
Old 05-15-2009, 05:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have a couple of threads about this issue. HTC is aware of this issue regarding the touch screen. Sprint is aware of the issue also, at least some of the stores are aware of it. It is a separation issue of the internal layers that the touch screen is composed of. It starts out as a small rectangle which progressively gets larger until the touch screen becomes unusable regarding not being responsive to any touch. You then have to use the "hard" buttons. The process from small rectangle to complete failure took approximately 2 months for me at which time I received a replacement. This issue is not the fault of the user and is a manufacturing issue. Other non HTC touch screen devices have similar issues including blackberries according to the Sprint store reps I spoke to. Sprint treats this as a manufacturing warranty issue and don't let them tell you otherwise. I had no problems replacing my Diamond when the time came. Sprint was very good about it
EDIT:You can read more here>>http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...mond+has+worms

Last edited by Biker1; 05-15-2009 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:47 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

One thing you can do to minimize it is I heard in one of the posts here that body heat does it so point the screen away from your leg or chest when you put it in your pocket.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tilt

reyderosquillas is just getting started

Biker1 new thread, please read the 2 links at the top of the first post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68671

the second link is my update:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=339

I had to send my phone to HTC, I don't have Sprint, and I had AT&T but they said anything screenwise is cosmetic, and then I switched to T-mo, so it had to go HTC.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
take your phone to sprint soon the screen will become unusable sorry this is just personal experience with my touch pro but mine was from steam getting in the screen from the shower my advice make sure you have insurance on it.
you take the phone to the shower?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond