PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

The Weez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which Opera build works correctly with text boxes?

Im tired of these Opera builds where the text box within a web page is so huge or gets misplaced to where o can't see what Im typing because all or part of it is off the screen.

Which build should I be using on my diamond?

Im on 15316 right now.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Which Opera build works correctly with text boxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weez View Post
Im tired of these Opera builds where the text box within a web page is so huge or gets misplaced to where o can't see what Im typing because all or part of it is off the screen.

Which build should I be using on my diamond?

Im on 15316 right now.
any opera build I tried either didnt work or had this problem you mention above. I would suggest using opera mini instead. It works better for adding comments because a text box opens up that is easier to view and doesn't get cut off.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

unless i'm misunderstanding what you're asking for mine doesnt do this...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
unless i'm misunderstanding what you're asking for mine doesnt do this...
I think what he is saying is if you try to input text in a thread it goes off the screen so you cant see what is being typed. of course you can use the dpad to make the page smaller but it's a pain in the butt. I prefer mini for this reason when I want to add a comment.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The Weez is a n00b

That's exactly what Im saying. In fact, right now I tapped on the Quick Reply box and the screen moved such that I can't see it AT ALL. It's almost enough to make me want a different phone.

How do I install opera mini? It seems to want java, which isn't available for windows mobile?
Old 03-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I think what he is saying is if you try to input text in a thread it goes off the screen so you cant see what is being typed. of course you can use the dpad to make the page smaller but it's a pain in the butt. I prefer mini for this reason when I want to add a comment.
gotcha... yeah that is an annoying glitch.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
That's exactly what Im saying. In fact, right now I tapped on the Quick Reply box and the screen moved such that I can't see it AT ALL. It's almost enough to make me want a different phone.

How do I install opera mini? It seems to want java, which isn't available for windows mobile?
yes, it's not too easy to use opera mobile to post in the threads. Here are instructions on installing opera mini 4.2 along with a good Java vm. All you need to do after installation is open Java and launch opera mini. Its very nice.

Ok, I am posting the latest java vm cab. I use this for opera mini v 4.2. There are several version of 4.2, generic (unsigned), and signed(mult signatures). the signed version is better because it eliminates one of the permission screens. you can also adjust the font size to large or extra large which is very readable. after installation, go to menu settings and change picture quality to high and font size to large or extra large. you can also sync with opera desktop websites if you have this loaded on your pc which is very cool!

1.Ok first download and install the java vm cab (to internal storage to save some space)
2. next go to mini.opera.com using pie on your phone.
3. on this screen, select the link that say this: "If this version fails to install or you would like to install a previous version. please click here"
4. next, select the 1st opera mini 4.2 link "English USA Multiple certificates.
5. your java vm will open up now and take over installation. just agree to the requests, and permissions. when you reach the net permission screen, select the first one always giving permission. this eliminates it asking you over and over for network access.
6. once it fires up, select accept, then menu and set up your options as discussed above for larger fonts and better pictures resolution.

you should be good to go. let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Esmertec Jbed 20081203.2.1.cab (2.22 MB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The Weez is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
yes, it's not too easy to use opera mobile to post in the threads. Here are instructions on installing opera mini 4.2 along with a good Java vm. All you need to do after installation is open Java and launch opera mini. Its very nice.

Ok, I am posting the latest java vm cab. I use this for opera mini v 4.2. There are several version of 4.2, generic (unsigned), and signed(mult signatures). the signed version is better because it eliminates one of the permission screens. you can also adjust the font size to large or extra large which is very readable. after installation, go to menu settings and change picture quality to high and font size to large or extra large. you can also sync with opera desktop websites if you have this loaded on your pc which is very cool!

1.Ok first download and install the java vm cab (to internal storage to save some space)
2. next go to mini.opera.com using pie on your phone.
3. on this screen, select the link that say this: "If this version fails to install or you would like to install a previous version. please click here"
4. next, select the 1st opera mini 4.2 link "English USA Multiple certificates.
5. your java vm will open up now and take over installation. just agree to the requests, and permissions. when you reach the net permission screen, select the first one always giving permission. this eliminates it asking you over and over for network access.
6. once it fires up, select accept, then menu and set up your options as discussed above for larger fonts and better pictures resolution.

you should be good to go. let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks, I got it installed and am trying it out now!
Old 03-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Thanks, I got it installed and am trying it out now!
cool I hope you like it. there are some quirks with mini like sometimes you have to click twice to get another page to open, but it's lightning fast. plus your main issue with entering text is better for sure!

one other thing, when you put in your username and password for ppcgeeks, select the page back option since it will advance to the next page. Then go to settings and reload the page. once reloaded, it will have your username and password saved and you can save it as a bookmark.

Last edited by Riley; 03-03-2009 at 02:57 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond