PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

MikeKnoop is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Text Messages / Email Freezing

Hey guys,

I'm running on Juicy 3.9 on a CDMA sprint diamond. One of the annoyances that I've put up with for a while (since customizing my phone after flashing) is that I can fairly reliably freeze my phone whenever I get a new text message or email. It goes something like this:

I get a text message, I flip to the text message tab in TF3D and click on the message. This loads the standard WM "messaging" app, and as soon as I click on the keyboard button on the bottom (I have auto-deploy disabled) the phone will freeze. The same thing can be reproduced for emails.

Is this a common occurrence? I'm tested using both the standard QERTY keyboard and TouchPal, both cause freezing to occur. I was initially concerned it was a stability problem with the ROM but I recall Juicy's ROMs to be very reliable. Does anyone have a recommendation? I'm considering just hard-resetting and starting over with the current ROM or a differnet one.

-Mike
Old 02-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Text Messages / Email Freezing

Did you do a clean install of the rom? Meaning flash then clear memory?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3Dâ„¢

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff

Does it only freeze momentarily, or does it freeze completely and you have to soft reset? I'm having an issue on mine where Text messaging is freezing when I'm typing. I'm just living with it for now, until SPB Mobile 3 comes out and I upgrade to the newest Groove or Juicy without TF3D. But perhaps this is the same issue as I'm having.

But if you're locking up completely, I'm not sure, I would say to reflash, and be sure to do a hard reset before and after. Also be mindful about what mods/apps you're installing afterwords. I would say to check to make sure they work without installing anything on top of the base flash install, if it works, install apps/mods one or two at a time, then test again, then you can see which one might be causing it. If you can get them all installed without issue, then you'll know it just needed a reflash, if it freezes up after a specific set of installs, then there's your problem, maybe find an update for whatever it is you're installing or you might just have to deal without it.

But also 3.9 is behind the times, 4.4 is the latest Juicy, I would say upgrade to that if you're going to re-flash.

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party
Old 02-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

MikeKnoop is just getting started

Thanks guys, I'm going to take the advice given here and try to hard-reset, then reflash, and one more hard-reset with Juicy 4.4. For informational sake, the phone was freezing completely (I have touchresponse installed and even it wasn't giving vibration feedback when I tapped the screen while frozen).

-Mike
Old 02-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKnoop View Post
Thanks guys, I'm going to take the advice given here and try to hard-reset, then reflash, and one more hard-reset with Juicy 4.4. For informational sake, the phone was freezing completely (I have touchresponse installed and even it wasn't giving vibration feedback when I tapped the screen while frozen).

-Mike
Let us know how it works out for you. Good luck!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Lurker

SmoothDog0 is a n00b

just my 2 cents, but i noticed with several different roms that i have flashed, that this only happened AFTER using PimBackup 2.8 to restore my text messages, before on every rom that i tested my texting seemed not to lag and/or freeze up while actually texting someone... but after the use of pimbackup to restore my messages, i noticed the freezing issue.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothDog0 View Post
just my 2 cents, but i noticed with several different roms that i have flashed, that this only happened AFTER using PimBackup 2.8 to restore my text messages, before on every rom that i tested my texting seemed not to lag and/or freeze up while actually texting someone... but after the use of pimbackup to restore my messages, i noticed the freezing issue.
No it turns out this is a bug with the current sys file.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond