PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Battery Killer (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53309)

O'Neil Mitchell 01-16-2009 05:20 AM

Re: Battery Killer

Since i've turn off my data connection, and not have it ruuning alway. I'm pleased with the result, the battery life is easily, twice what it was before

Fixup 01-16-2009 02:53 PM

Data connection itself does not affect battery but the programs that use data do. Mostly ActiveSync, set it to manually pick up.

iflog 01-16-2009 04:12 PM

I have my data connection turned off along with active sync and any other programs I'm not using. The battery did not last 6 hours today with normal use of a few phone calls. I took it into Sprint and they GAVE me 2 extra batteries. Now if I could only get HTC to give me a car charger.

ezln0423 01-17-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iflog (Post 645183)
I have my data connection turned off along with active sync and any other programs I'm not using. The battery did not last 6 hours today with normal use of a few phone calls. I took it into Sprint and they GAVE me 2 extra batteries. Now if I could only get HTC to give me a car charger.

lol welcome to my world mine only last charge 5 to 6 hrs on idle runing mikes 4.1

Fixup 01-17-2009 03:11 AM

How many radio bars on your diamonds?

When I was using the stock Sprint ROM or GrooveRom, I only got 0-1 bars. Since MightyRom3.9, I've been getting full bars all the time and battery life has been great, at least 8 hours with heavy use or 24 hours with light use and gmail push.

stevedog1 01-17-2009 03:18 AM

Using telus radio, Calc's ROM, and changed the battery polling to 30000. My battery last over two days with moderate use.

Most important thing is to make sure you charge your battery correctly from the first day, and you CAN leave your battery charging overnight (not just 2 hours) without negative effects to the battery. It's actually better for lithium's not to let it run all the way down, and to charge often.

Drybonz 01-17-2009 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iflog (Post 642886)
Its a brand new phone. I don't want to put a custom ROM on it (yet). I did that on my Mogul and it didn't increase the battery life any.

This is, however, what most people around here are going to suggest because it is the best solution. Regardless of what your experience was with your Mogul, anyone here will tell you (as they already have previously in this thread) this phone's battery life is crap out of the box. Really, really crap. But with a radio and rom upgrade and a couple tweaks you can get up to 2 days battery life with normal use.

iflog 01-17-2009 04:17 PM

Change the radio, change the ROM, change the poll interval. I could change things all day and hope to get the battery to last at most a day with normal use. Do you think its acceptable to have a stock out of the box setup phone to last less than 6 hours?

Bird11 01-17-2009 04:28 PM

I just stripped everything out of mine, like the touchflo and have the system as barebone as possible. My phone is faster and the battery lasts a lot longer.

Cha0sc0ntroll 01-17-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bird11 (Post 647380)
I just stripped everything out of mine, like the touchflo and have the system as barebone as possible. My phone is faster and the battery lasts a lot longer.

What's the point of the phone if you don't even use touchflo xD.