PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
New rotate app from xda..CHANGESCREEN

I take no credit for this at all, and it was posted by one of our members in the diamond upgrades section, and did not get much attention. Great easy to use app, small footprint..runs fine on .net 2.0, easy to set exception...ive been using it for a little while now and it works great

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=changescreen

i know xda has been having some server issues lately, so if anyone needs the .cab ill post it but again it came from xda

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: PagePlusCellular

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work
Re: New rotate app from xda..CHANGESCREEN

Automatic rotation sucks, no matter whatever. I simply use the registry trick posted here to prevent gsensor DLL from loading to disable universally this gsensor crap. When I do need to rotate, I run RotateScreen, mapped to the send key. Works 100% of time and exactly when I want.

It makes sense for iPhone to use automatic rotation as it does not have a spare button for it. iPhone also did it right by preventing further rotating after twice, so you can avoid unwanted rotation when you turn your body on bed. As long as those WM copycats cannot do that, they are better not used.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
Automatic rotation sucks, no matter whatever. I simply use the registry trick posted here to prevent gsensor DLL from loading to disable universally this gsensor crap. When I do need to rotate, I run RotateScreen, mapped to the send key. Works 100% of time and exactly when I want.

It makes sense for iPhone to use automatic rotation as it does not have a spare button for it. iPhone also did it right by preventing further rotating after twice, so you can avoid unwanted rotation when you turn your body on bed. As long as those WM copycats cannot do that, they are better not used.
if u dont want it...keep it moving! i probably will go back to regular portrait texting cuz im so used to it and very fast and accurate with it, but this is the best gsens auto rotate program ive tried
Old 01-07-2009, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint 500 Sero Plan

johnnydough646 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to johnnydough646

LOL no need to fight all usage of apps are up to the USER and their own needs....
Any and all information is greatly appreciated...

$JohnnyDough$

11/25 28004 2.5
Old 01-07-2009, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

In terms of touchscreen and gsensor/rotate, WM has not got them to be practically usable like iPhone. Admit it. So I have to disable TouchFlo3D crap and the gsensor (for auto rotate). I'm not an apple fanboy, but I have to admit that iPhone's multi-touch and auto-rotate really work great while Diamond is still crap on these regards.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydough646 View Post
LOL no need to fight all usage of apps are up to the USER and their own needs....
Any and all information is greatly appreciated...

$JohnnyDough$
right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
In terms of touchscreen and gsensor/rotate, WM has not got them to be practically usable like iPhone. Admit it. So I have to disable TouchFlo3D crap and the gsensor (for auto rotate). I'm not an apple fanboy, but I have to admit that iPhone's multi-touch and auto-rotate really work great while Diamond is still crap on these regards.
what does an iphone have to do with this? I mean seriously. there are several devices with accelerometers and touchscreens...and u only spoke of the iphone, so yes, you sound like a fanboy. lol.

either way, its irrelevant to this thread. I posted it cuz it didnt seem to get much attention on ppcgeeks. NOt to argue with someone about an iphone. Like i said, if u dont want it, fine! you are entitled to use what you want.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

For those who want to disable the auto rotate, here is the link:

http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...sensor+disable

This auto rotate was driving me nut. I tried several gsensor apps, none of them worked like iPhone's auto rotate to be acceptable. The only solution is in above link.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

egreenwood1 is a n00b

success100-
Thanks for posting this. Exactly what I have been waiting for. All these other disrespectful cats on here make me mad. If you don't need the cab or dont have anything to say thats relevant. Take that apple fanboy stuff outa here
Old 01-08-2009, 03:28 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by egreenwood1 View Post
success100-
Thanks for posting this. Exactly what I have been waiting for. All these other disrespectful cats on here make me mad. If you don't need the cab or dont have anything to say thats relevant. Take that apple fanboy stuff outa here
thanks to you also. glad i could help
Old 01-08-2009, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

I haven't been a fan of any of the auto-rotate apps until now. I love how you can make it so that it only rotates the programs in the exception list. I just have it setup to rotate text messaging and email for now. The rotate seems to work very quickly and accuratey so far.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond